Jump to content

Teens banned from KI for a disturbance they say they never had a part of


BoddaH1994
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is it just me or in the video did they show some footage which look like it shows him going up the hill on The Racer from the other train?? Not during Winterfest but I believe a violation none the less.....  Not necessarily good footage to use on a news broadcast.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are only hearing their side of the story at the moment....

I find it hard to believe that security never talked to them or got names from others in the crowd and that KI was able to figure out who they were just by looking at season pass pictures, especially considering it would have been dark and they were probably wearing hats or other items.  Heck, I pass people all the time I know at the park but don't recognize them all bundled up, so a security guard was able to look at someone briefly and pick them out of thousands of pass pictures from that night ...

Whether KI chooses to public comment or not is their choice, but for them to ban someone I think they have had to have good reason.  We have seen them not ban for much worse offenses.

And as someone else said, the videos the families chose to provide to the media showing them how much fun the kids have at KI didn't do them any favors of being rule followers...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

We are only hearing their side of the story at the moment....

I find it hard to believe that security never talked to them or got names from others in the crowd and that KI was able to figure out who they were just by looking at season pass pictures, especially considering it would have been dark and they were probably wearing hats or other items.  Heck, I pass people all the time I know at the park but don't recognize them all bundled up, so a security guard was able to look at someone briefly and pick them out of thousands of pass pictures from that night ...

Whether KI chooses to public comment or not is their choice, but for them to ban someone I think they have had to have good reason.  We have seen them not ban for much worse offenses.

And as someone else said, the videos the families chose to provide to the media showing them how much fun the kids have at KI didn't do them any favors of being rule followers...

So you’re saying they had an altercation with security. Security took their names. A week later they get a letter in the mail saying they’re banned. They tell their parents it was someone else and they had nothing to do with it. 
 

Your speculation makes more sense than the article. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight.  You just happened to run into a group who got into trouble, but weren't involved when security came to investigate.  So you totally weren't ID'd at that point in person.

Okay, then how exactly do you claim security tied you to the group unless you really think they played back surveillance footage of the group showing this "running into them"?  And then they just assumed that you were there when the wrongdoing that was worthy of a 1-year ban occurred?  You legit think they watched you all the way back to the time that you entered the park to pull up your season pass details, based on having "run into them"?  Or do you seriously think they scanned the database of all pass holder photos to ID you?

You totally didn't do anything to get yourself banned for a year, and then told your mom that you knew nothing about it, that you had "run into" a group who got into trouble but you weren't a part of it?

Because a 15yo would never..  NEVER!!.. lie to his/her parents about getting in trouble!

Sorry, the whole story seems to be a non-story, where he got himself into trouble and won't fess up.  The simplest explanation is almost always the most accurate.

Edited to add: And to show what honest, rule-abiding park guests you are, you released video to the media showing your reckless disregard for the safety of other guests, via loose articles on the lift hill of The Racer (handheld video)?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the kids are innocent---and a one-year-ban suggests to me the park doesn't have much of anything specific on them---then that really stinks for the kids. I'm sure the park's decision is final though and must be respected. Sometimes things go this way, and that's really hard to explain to your children. The park has cameras all over the place, but sometimes things break, and you can't get footage when and where you need it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The park isn't in the business of banning guests.  It seems they determined that a ban for only a single season/year was appropriate for this (presumably) first time offense.  A business would generally rather not ban customers at all because without customers, there is no business.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jsus said:

The park isn't in the business of banning guests.  It seems they determined that a ban for only a single season/year was appropriate for this (presumably) first time offense.  A business would generally rather not ban customers at all because without customers, there is no business.

I think they have a matrix for how long. Like if you steal from a shop it’s a year, if you assault someone it’s 10 years… or whatever. I’ve heard of a lot of one year bans so I bet that’s the most common.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

why automatically side with the park.  It could be a mistake.  

All in all it is bad press.

I don’t think it’s fair to claim people are automatically siding with the park. Lord knows people on here are willing to sh-t on the park if necessary. It’s just that the story doesn’t stack up against anything we know about park security or park policy. 
 

Edit: my apologizes for the double post. It wouldn’t let me edit the previous one for some reason. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jsus said:

 

Edited to add: And to show what honest, rule-abiding park guests you are, you released video to the media showing your reckless disregard for the safety of other guests, via loose articles on the lift hill of The Racer (handheld video)?

A classic example of Lovely self incrimination, these used to be my favorite kind of subjects when I was on patrol.  Regardless of the claim that these two "had nothing to do with" the incident in question, the facts are this particular video is grounds for the same year ban, or longer if the park chooses.  Its the same type of circumstance of performing a traffic stop on someone for speeding, and walking up to their vehicle and seeing a bag of illegal substances on the passenger seat.  They incriminated themselves, even if that was not the initial reason for the stop.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

A classic example of Lovely self incrimination, these used to be my favorite kind of subjects when I was on patrol.  Regardless of the claim that these two "had nothing to do with" the incident in question, the facts are this particular video is grounds for the same year ban, or longer if the park chooses.  Its the same type of circumstance of performing a traffic stop on someone for speeding, and walking up to their vehicle and seeing a bag of illegal substances on the passenger seat.  They incriminated themselves, even if that was not the initial reason for the stop.

It would be great if they tacked on another year for filming on a ride. If they really visit as often as they claim then they know the rules. They willingly violated them. What part of that makes me want to trust them over the park?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oldschool75 said:

Looks like filming on a ride in the video. So the ban is justified. Break the rules, pay the price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What video? Also again it’s plausible that it’s a case oF mistaken identity given how dark it is at Winterfest. For instance this season during Winterfest I was accused of filming on a ride even though I hadn’t. Not saying they’re innocent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What video? Also again it’s plausible that it’s a case oF mistaken identity given how dark it is at Winterfest. For instance this season during Winterfest I was accused of filming on a ride even though I hadn’t. Not saying they’re innocent.

There’s a video news story in the included link. In that story they talk about how these kids visit the park regularly, and include some footage of them in the park on previous visits (from their own cell phones). One of those videos is of them on The Racer, filming themselves. In the case of on ride filming (which wasn’t what ban was supposedly based on), this isn’t just an accusation… it’s a self incriminating video they shared with the news reporter.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...