Ice skating on Snow Flake Lake

BoddaH1994

23430A44-DAF2-4419-A609-746093E60AA5.jpeg

I wanted to share this with you guys. I got to skate for my first time on Snow Flake Lake last night. I had always wanted to do it (yes, I can skate!!) but every year I was so excited for the shows and lights that by the time it came up it was just too cold. Fortunately we had a rare upper 40’s night so it was prime for skating last night. 

Our experience was truly a great experience. My little friend Noah (he’s five) went from not being able to skate all the way to doing spurts of speed skating with frequent violent crashes by the end of the session. The employees were fantastic! They were so encouraging to him and even took our pictures. Not like the “yeah, whatever, I’ll take your picture” attitude that some people have, but truly caring about capturing the moment. There was a guy name Jay on the west end of the ice that spent about eight minutes with us and even suggested different angles. 

I’m sharing this because I want you guys to all try out the skating. $15 for rental and sheet time is NOT a bad price. You can even buy through the Kings Island app and skip the line.

There is something magical about Winterfest this year… more so now than ever. 

Merry Christmas, friends!

• Like 8

Thanks for sharing. I wish there was an alternative to wearing skates. Not sure what that would be. Ice skates and I don't get along. Now roller skating is a different story.

It looks like you guys had a great night. I really think Winterfest is a great event and so glad CF brought it back and did it right.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 6:11 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Thanks for sharing. I wish there was an alternative to wearing skates. Not sure what that would be. Ice skates and I don't get along. Now roller skating is a different story.

It looks like you guys had a great night. I really think Winterfest is a great event and so glad CF brought it back and did it right.

I can’t believe I, off all people, waited this long to skate.

• Like 1