Beast project details revealed!

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

Do you have a idea when you think The Beast started testing?

Given we know it had a train on the brake run on Friday (29th) and not on the previous Sunday (24th), we can assume it started sometime between Monday and Friday. I’m leaning more towards Wednesday to Friday, so construction likely finished last weekend (24th of April). 

I have a video on the ground taken by a park guest recording them testing one train during the parks operating hours. One train ops with water dummies making laps basically, then the following day maintenance staff were on the lift hill periodically with reports of trains running the course. 

While I myself am unaware of an exact opening day, it feels like this day continues to approach us quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The rumor I have heard is that the train has only been sent a handful of times, sounded like low single digits still as of Friday, thinking 3 or 4 times.  What I heard was the train has valleyed every time and has yet to successfully complete the course without assistance.  Before anyone freaks out this happens every year.  But everything I have heard is they still have a little bit of work to do.

My gut says their goal at this point is Coasterstock, so May 20th.

3 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

This is probably meaningless but I walked by a group of associates on their way to Rivertown from Planet Snoopy and one guy said "Hey, that guy has our ride on his shirt" (referring to my Beast shirt)

A friend of mine who is on The Beast crew is currently on the crew of West Pie (Woodstock Express, Whirlybirds, Red Baron, Mini Dodgems, and Charlie Brown Windup along with the height wall there) until Beast opens. 

2 hours ago, super7 said:

For The Beast to valley it must be heavily braked or something .   There are no large hills after the lift hill drops.   

I do not believe it valleyed. 

Now it may have valleyed, we can't really tell from what info we have.

The videos show the train making it through the course fine, so I have no idea where that rumor is coming from.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Taylor.B03 said:

When I saw it going down the hill yesterday I walked to it after riding racer, the train was back in the station when I got there.

So it indeed was testing again on Sunday, that's good to hear.

• Like 3

Note that the train isn't slowing down to a crawl at the crest of the lift like it used to. From this angle it's hard to tell if there are trims present on the first drop. However, I timed this video with another POV on YouTube, and both trains arrived at the top of the lift at the exact same time. Take that for what you will.

I would just love to ride a Beast in which the first and second drops are untrimmed and have airtime lol. I was hoping this Gravity Group project would put some more speed into the ride, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I remember the first blog post specifically says the changes are not to make the ride faster, just smoother. I'm sure there's still a lot of testing left to do though so we'll see how KI decides to have it run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCoaster25 said:

Note that the train isn't slowing down to a crawl at the crest of the lift like it used to. From this angle it's hard to tell if there are trims present on the first drop. However, I timed this video with another POV on YouTube, and both trains arrived at the top of the lift at the exact same time. Take that for what you will.

I would just love to ride a Beast in which the first and second drops are untrimmed and have airtime lol. I was hoping this Gravity Group project would put some more speed into the ride, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. I remember the first blog post specifically says the changes are not to make the ride faster, just smoother. I'm sure there's still a lot of testing left to do though so we'll see how KI decides to have it run.

When watching it in person on Sunday, it did not look like any breaks had been used on the drop. It just went down really quickly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, super7 said:

For The Beast to valley it must be heavily braked or something .   There are no large hills after the lift hill drops.   

The entire hill right before the second lift is covered in anti-rollbacks for a reason.  If the train needs assistance it’s typically there.

7 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

I do not believe it valleyed. 

Now it may have valleyed, we can't really tell from what info we have.

The videos show the train making it through the course fine, so I have no idea where that rumor is coming from.

I think it’s important to point out I was talking about the very first handful of runs of a freshly rebuilt train.  It takes a few runs for the train to break in, it can be just a little bit too much friction the first few runs.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Kenban said:

The rumor I have heard is that the train has only been sent a handful of times, sounded like low single digits still as of Friday, thinking 3 or 4 times.  What I heard was the train has valleyed every time and has yet to successfully complete the course without assistance.  Before anyone freaks out this happens every year.  But everything I have heard is they still have a little bit of work to do.

My gut says their goal at this point is Coasterstock, so May 20th.

I doubt it valleyed, The testing video shows it completed the test run, and it looked like it was running fine, Plus I noticed or it could just be me but in that video there is not even assistance workers on the lift. So it sounds like it can make it up fine. I assume they will have it running around 3 weeks from when testing started, 3 weeks is standard for testing, It hopefully will be up and running for Coaster Stock.

• Like 3

With the amount of new track work done this year I would venture to guess that a full course train pull-through would be necessary to test possible points of contact riders could have with the structure(s).

During the pull-through is where some may have misinterpreted that a train valleyed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

^In addition, a valley could occur with the new track needing to be broken in.

Interesting. Im guessing the wood flattens after a train runs over it. Does that mean a wooden coaster gets smoother a little after it is built and tested? 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Diamondback2112 said:

Just saw Don heading to The Beast station with tripod and camera. POV soon???

Might be getting an official video teasing Beast drop. 

1 hour ago, The_Reaganator said:

Lots of workers and park vehicles on site at The Beast. They are currently test cycling with 3 trains and water dummies on board

AHHHH

THIS IS GREAT NEWS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

AMAZING NEWS, Maybe they can get it up by next weekend! I hope they get the pov video out soon! I can’t wait!

We may see a soft opening on Mother’s Day, I’m predicting myself it’ll open around next weekend-ish. 

A prediction nonetheless, so take that how you will. 

33 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

I don't think parts of the structure can handle constant no trims.  I would need a massive overhaul beyond what they actually did.  You may as well get a new coaster for that kind of redesign. 

yeah I wasn't expecting them to remove any, but had some hope we might see them reduced or pushed back farther into the layout

• Like 1