Beast project details revealed!

BoddaH1994

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

I don't think parts of the structure can handle constant no trims.  I would need a massive overhaul beyond what they actually did.  You may as well get a new coaster for that kind of redesign. 

Actually, it potentially could.  The 1979 structure couldn’t withstand trims being taken off, however, with the new 2022 structure it theoretically could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

IT HAPPENED 

also: UGH theres a trim

Hopefully the trim doesn’t hit super Hard. It looks to be a lot more smooth! Like the helix looks a lot more stable and not jerky. The pov video I assume will be out soon so when it comes out we can see how hard the trim hits.

I suspect that if they had more of the GG precut track (which is supposedly significantly stronger), you could potentially get a way with a lot less trimming. I've seen how fast the thing (before retrack) could barrel down the track after a good rain and it apparently doesn't completely tear the ride apart or cause injury. If it could run like that all the time, I would be thrilled.

• Like 1

Also remember that the magnetic trims can be mechanically adjusted to increase or decrease slowing power. As the ride runs a while with all the new tracking and profile adjustments, and they get more familiar with the new operating dynamics, they have the ability to "tune" the trims as needed.

• Like 2