Kings Island hiring 5,000 associates at $15/hr for 2022

BoddaH1994

Just now, BoddaH1994 said:

Looks like the higher wages are returning. Glad to see the park is being competitive with wages, although in today's word this rate is expected.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/january/5000-jobs-up-for-grabs-at-kings-island-for-50th-anniversary-season-in-2022

Last year, I believe Kings Island had just over 4,000 seasonal positions available for for the 2021 season. It’s great to see Kings Island hiring 5,000 employees again especially at $15 an hour.

They can pay whatever they want at this point because the pent up demand is still strong. The real question is what they will do once things go back to normal. If they have to work to flip the turnstiles then they'll have three options: raise prices, cut labor budgets (by head count), or cut wages. None of which is an easy pill to swallow for this market.

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

They can pay whatever they want at this point because the pent up demand is still strong. The real question is what they will do once things go back to normal. If they have to work to flip the turnstiles then they'll have three options: raise prices, cut labor budgets (by head count), or cut wages. None of which is an easy pill to swallow for this market.

They've raised prices starting this season. Season passes are $135 now. I wouldn't doubt food prices go up as well. 

35 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I thought they offered $17/hr for all seasonal positions in 2021?  Is this wage regression?

Select positions started at $18 an hour, but the base pay was $15 an hour. However, in the fall, the wages were increased and bonuses introduced to attract and keep enough employees for Halloween Haunt. I expect wages and bonuses to happen again in the fall because Kings Island is always struggling with staffing that time of year, and I know they have done bonuses for years now.

• Thanks 1