Kings Mill Log Flume

ROBBE1

Just wondering if anyone remembers the colored lights the flume used to have on the drop?  I remember back in the 80's it was real neat to walk by at night and see the different colors glowing underneath the falling water of the hill.  Anyone have any old pics of this?  It would be cool if KI brought this back for the 50th.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, ROBBE1 said:

Just wondering if anyone remembers the colored lights the flume used to have on the drop?  I remember back in the 80's it was real neat to walk by at night and see the different colors glowing underneath the falling water of the hill.  Anyone have any old pics of this?  It would be cool if KI brought this back for the 50th.

I remember them.  If you look at the underside of the hill you can see the "windows" for the lights.  Not sure if they are still there or not.

• Like 1

I think that the lights may have been removed when the ride was refurbished in the year 2000, when the ride was standing but not operating for that season.  When it reopened in 2001, I believe that those lights were gone.  Not positive on that, but I know they have been gone for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Sorry, I don't think I want LED DMX lighting like that in Rivertown. Rivertown is meant to be more rustic/western/country. I think LED DMX lighting would ruin that imo. 

I don't mean like a techno or club.  I just think it would be cool seeing different colors cycling under the water on the drop.  Or even just a throw back look to how it used to be back in the 70's and 80's.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Sorry, I don't think I want LED DMX lighting like that in Rivertown. Rivertown is meant to be more rustic/western/country. I think LED DMX lighting would ruin that imo. 

DMX is just a control protocol for intelligent lighting. Almost any new fixture can be DMX controlled in one way or another, from street lights to the sconces on a restaurant. Adding DMX would add the ability to tie the lighting in with the park-wide lighting controls. You could very easily have lighting look totally normal during the day, and then sync with the music during the fireworks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

DMX is just a control protocol for intelligent lighting. Almost any new fixture can be DMX controlled in one way or another, from street lights to the sconces on a restaurant. Adding DMX would add the ability to tie the lighting in with the park-wide lighting controls. You could very easily have lighting look totally normal during the day, and then sync with the music during the fireworks. 

I would be okay if it was just standard white lighting like on Diamondback's lift and the lampposts. Multi color is a no for me in Rivertown. 

On 1/12/2022 at 2:34 PM, BlondyRidesOn said:

With the ride being repainted, I kinda hope one of the announcements is that it's being rethemed and annexed back into Rivertown this year. 

It belongs in Rivertown.   The cartoony painting of the rustic buildings has never looked good. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:58 AM, super7 said:

It belongs in Rivertown.   The cartoony painting of the rustic buildings has never looked good. 

Love it or hate it, the Wild Thornberry’s retheme/overhaul is the reason it still stands today. That said, I’d prefer it be integrated into Rivertown again.  

• Like 6