Disney fans wait 7 hours for Figment popcorn bucket

I mean, it's a cute bucket, but seven hours... I will pass.

Was/is it a limited time thing?

Also, I do know how much Figment, Dreamfinder and the original Journey of Imagination (I think that's what it's called) means to some people and their nostalgia for it (I've also read about the disdain for Journey into Your Imagination in the 90's), but still...

EDIT: Watch the embedded Twitter video in the article to get a sense of how big the line was

People need to understand that Disney World has a huge number of resellers and scalpers.  There are people who have essentially turned shopping at the resort and selling the items online into a full time job.  The resort has been trying to fight this by introducing purchase restrictions and canceling annual passes, but there are still a huge number of people doing this.

This popcorn bucket is just the latest item which was immediately posted on eBay.  There are literally hundreds of these already listed online, and they can sell for more then a hundred dollars.

The long line was a combination of people trying to make money, and people who actually want it for themselves.

Just take a look at this photo and understand the purchase limit was 2 per a person.

8B0204BA-C399-47DF-B683-8B700DAA0594.jpeg