Coasterstock 2022 Updates

IndyGuy4KI

I hope we get in this year! We have done coaster mania at CP for years and have been trying to get into coasterstock as KI is my real "home" park. I was able to get in the year the pandemic shut it down, and now just want to attend. Hopefully it wil be on a day that I can be on my personal time from work when the tickets become available! Please please please

I hope they post an itinerary before ticket sales. I haven't been in a while due to the fact that I've already done everything a few times at least in terms of the usual tours. If KI offers some new and interesting to the tour/line up I will probably go.

To elaborate, a tour of the waterpark pump houses, a few more coasters on the night ride line up so that the park is kind of spaced out; it's the simple things that matter. Heck, even to have an auction of KI ride parts would be interesting because it has become a huge hit at HWN.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

I hope they post an itinerary before ticket sales.

Don't forget the whole focus of the event is for fans of the park to come enjoy being together. The rest is just a bonus. Don and Kyle do an awesome job of putting this event on and the popularity of the event shows that. Granted, maybe I'm partial because I met my wife at Coasterstock.

• Like 1

Wonder if Coasterstock will be open to any coaster fan this year (like CP CoasterMania is doing this season) or still exclusive to only members of park selected coaster clubs.   

You must be a member of an approved coaster club to attend Coasterstock this year, the same as the previous years.

“To participate in this event you must purchase a Coasterstock ticket and be an active member of one of the eight approved roller coaster clubs and organizations below:

American Coaster Enthusiasts
Club Theme Park Review
CoasterBuzz Club
Coaster Crew Platinum
European Coaster Club
Florida Coaster Club
Great Ohio Coaster Club
Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Don must have saw this thread and tweeted about it.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/coasterstock

Am super excited for this event, going to try and get tickets for my first time. If Mr. Helbig did look at this thread, then thank you for the information on CoasterStock and all you do at Kings Island!

Do you have to put in Coaster Club information when you buy the tickets initially or do you get that later down the line?

7 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

Am super excited for this event, going to try and get tickets for my first time. If Mr. Helbig did look at this thread, then thank you for the information on CoasterStock and all you do at Kings Island!

Do you have to put in Coaster Club information when you buy the tickets initially or do you get that later down the line?

You have to choose your club from a drop down when you order and present your membership card at check in, if memory serves. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So did this communication say Coasterstock social media updates by participants could only be posted on official KI channels and not on KIC lol:P

Normally we see a KIC group photo of those that attended Coasterstock, and people are quick to post a tidbit from Mike during the Q&A so that they can be the first to announce it here LOL.  I was expecting to see someone post about Diamondback is on his list for a repaint, as well as a revamp/refresh of Boo Blasters, etc. along with the behind the scenes/photo opportunity pictures.  Normally one of the younger members are quick to post this stuff LOL or others provide a link to their twitter with pictures or maybe a video of the Q&A.

Instead, nothing.  Like the event didn't even happen LOL

There was not one post here about Coasterstock during the actual event.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

^The times we do try to get KICers to meet up during events like opening and closing day, things like that, its usually just me, malem, IndyGuy, pianoman, and Chris (I forget his username here now), maybe gator every once in a while, and we're lucky to get one extra KICer to show up or meet up with us during the day.  KIC meet ups aren't what they used to be 7-8+ years ago.  

8 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

^The times we do try to get KICers to meet up during events like opening and closing day, things like that, its usually just me, malem, IndyGuy, pianoman, and Chris (I forget his username here now), maybe gator every once in a while, and we're lucky to get one extra KICer to show up or meet up with us during the day.  KIC meet ups aren't what they used to be 7-8+ years ago.  

I was there, but everyone post stuff on social media now days. Websites are just becoming a thing of the past for things like this, its sad but true. Coasterstock was a blast though! 

44 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

So did this communication say Coasterstock social media updates by participants could only be posted on official KI channels and not on KIC lol:P

Normally we see a KIC group photo of those that attended Coasterstock, and people are quick to post a tidbit from Mike during the Q&A so that they can be the first to announce it here LOL.  I was expecting to see someone post about Diamondback is on his list for a repaint, as well as a revamp/refresh of Boo Blasters, etc. along with the behind the scenes/photo opportunity pictures.  Normally one of the younger members are quick to post this stuff LOL or others provide a link to their twitter with pictures or maybe a video of the Q&A.

I'm sorry, I was not able to get to tickets this year. I had the website problem of not ever getting the buy link. By the time I got it up the event was sold out. Sort of hard to cover an event if you are not there. 

• Like 3

I was there! Was a great event! Btw I was the one who asked about the Timberwolf concerts and what Mike said is the concerts this year is a test and if they are successful (which I think they will be) they will hold them again next year. I also was the one who asked about the crypt building! I also was excited when Mike said he wants an upgrade to Boo Blasters which I hope happens! More specifically a new version of Phantom Theater. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

And yet somehow, despite not one post here, impressions for Coasterstock 2022 content was in the millions. LOL :P

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was there! Was a great event! Btw I was the one who asked about the Timberwolf concerts and what Mike said is the concerts this year is a test and if they are successful (which I think they will be) they will hold them again next year. I also was the one who asked about the crypt building! I also was excited when Mike said he wants an upgrade to Boo Blasters which I hope happens! More specifically a new version of Phantom Theater. 

Thanks for attending Coasterstock 2022. What was your favorite part?

25 minutes ago, DonHelbig said:

Thanks for attending Coasterstock 2022. What was your favorite part?

Was my first time at Coasterstock. While you can’t go wrong with a good night ride, the daily itinerary the event offers isn’t stuff you normally can do on any given day. Which is why it’s so much fun.

By far my favorite events were the backstage tours, especially of Beast. You really get a feel for how far back the ride goes when you walk out there! Same for Orion, it’s crazy!

Do you think we might see some backstage tours pop up throughout the summer sorta like last year? (August backstage Beast tour)

Hoping I can attend next years too, made some new friends.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonHelbig said:

And yet somehow, despite not one post here, impressions for Coasterstock 2022 content was in the millions. LOL :P

And that makes the point I was getting at LOL. 

At one time many would consider KIC one of the best fan forums around.  Always a lot of content, great members, great layout with subforums, easy to navigate, etc. and the go to place for the happenings at KI.  Coasterstock was a great event as always and not a single post here about it.

With other social media outlets and changing consumer habits, forums like this are slowly disappearing, which is a shame. 

The Facebook pages are annoying with the same questions repeated weekly - are there fireworks tonight, how does the meal plan work, is the park busy today, etc., Almost of which every question there could be answered if someone simply looked at the KI website!  Lots of content and activity on the season passholder Facebook page, but no substance.

Contrast that to a site like this that one can easier find the info one is looking for.  Wanna know if it is busy - there is a thread for that. Wanna know what is new for 22, there is a thread for that. And then the opportunity to just dive deeper into content.

Sadly we will probably see this site follow in the paths of similar forums like the Carowinds forum and PKI Extreme.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Sadly we will probably see this site follow in the paths of similar forums like the Carowinds forum and PKI Extreme.

Man, you lose faith in the site because I wasn't there to cover CoasterStock? Like you just said, KIC offers something a social site can not. The list of history, pics, and information on the main site. Then the forums with such a rich content of site user perspective and insite. 

I still add hundreds of pics every month when the park is open to our galleries. Update main site content (new page coming out this week I created last week.) We are active on social as well. The site is still getting a lot of site traffic every week. 

If I have anything to say about it, KIC it's not going anywhere any time soon. There is to much here to loose.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I would like to add, KIC loves to see so many other socal channels that are out there sharing their love of KI. I have meet and am friends with many of them, like the Season Pass Holder page. Justin at CPFood blog, Buckeye Coasters, FYE, Coaster Crew and others. All a bunch of great people that we should all work together to share our love for the park and the industry. 

• Like 4