Kings Island to Host Job Fair this Saturday, February 12, 2022 for 50th Anniversary Season

It may still be winter, but Kings Island is already thinking summer days, coasters, food, and shows by getting their positions filled now.

Kings Island plans to hire more than 5,000 seasonal associates as it prepares to open for the 2022 season on April 16. Wages for seasonal positions range from $15.00–$18.50 per hour. Job opportunities are available for candidates ages 16+ in all park operating areas, including Rides, Merchandise, Park Services, Food and Beverage, Aquatics, Security, Guest Services and more.

IN-PERSON HIRING EVENT: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12, FROM 10:00 A.M.– 4:00 P.M.

To prepare for its 50th Anniversary season, Kings Island is holding an in-person hiring event at the park’s Human Resources building on Saturday, February 12, from 10:00 a.m.—4:00 p.m. Walk-in applicants are welcome. To expedite the interview process, Kings Island recommends filling out an application before arriving by texting “FUN” to 97211 or visiting the park’s hiring site: visitkingsisland.com/jobs.

“For the past fifty seasons of Kings Island’s operation, our seasonal associates have played such an important part in helping our guests create lasting memories during their visits,” said Kings Island Vice President and General Manager Mike Koontz. “Our competitive wages and benefits make Kings Island the employer of choice for summer employment, while helping our associates gain valuable experience and marketable skills for the future.” Kings Island offers flexible schedules and many perks for its associates, including discounts, reward and recognition programs, exclusive events and free admission to any Cedar Fair park.

PXL_20210508_193252275.jpg

I worked in Rides from Haunt 2017 through summer 2018. I was hired during a job fair. That was one of the best jobs I've ever had. To date, it's the job where I have been most consistently surrounded by passionate, enthusiastic people who want to do good work. Everyone on my team was there to be safe and have fun. I miss working there often.

If you're thinking of applying, do it.

• Like 3

If you're thinking about getting a job at the park. Do it! You won't regret it! I'll be returning to the Eiffel Tower for my 3rd season and I am excited! I love working at the park! The park even says you will make lifelong friendships with your crew and they couldn't be more right on that! Trust me you will love who you work with and you will bond well! You also may meet that special someone while working. 

• Like 1

Interesting…. A few days ago I submitted an application for a Guest Services position and was invited to schedule an in-person interview via text message  I assumed that I would get a call or email if they were interested. As someone who was born in the 1980s who lives over 100 miles away, I have a lot of questions. I DID schedule the interview, but have been changing my mind back and forth all week. Maybe someone here could help me out?

The Beast was born two years before I was lol. What is the experience like for older people who work in entry level positions at the park?  Do they typically stay all season? Return in subsequent seasons? Do they work well their coworkers?  Obviously, not everyone has the same experience but a generalization would be helpful.

What is the short term rental market like in the area? Or just the rental market in general?

Does the company help assist with finding/securing housing if someone is considering relocating? Or are dorms the only option?

I really appreciate any insight someone might provide and thank you!