No Grand Carnivale at Kings Island for 2022?

Timchat2

Five of the parks that hosted Grand Carnivale in 2021 (Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, Dorney Park, Kings Dominion and Carowinds) have posted event dates for 2022. California's Great America is now also listing a version of Grand Carnivale called Carnivale at Orleans Place.

Kings Island is the only Grand Carnivale park that hasn't posted new dates for the event. With the 50th Golden Celebration likely running all summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day) can we assume that Grand Carnivale won't be happening at Kings Island in 2022?

8 hours ago, Timchat2 said:

Five of the parks that hosted Grand Carnivale in 2021 (Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair, Dorney Park, Kings Dominion and Carowinds) have posted event dates for 2022. California's Great America is now also listing a version of Grand Carnivale called Carnivale at Orleans Place.

Kings Island is the only Grand Carnivale park that hasn't posted new dates for the event. With the 50th Golden Celebration likely running all summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day) can we assume that Grand Carnivale won't be happening at Kings Island in 2022?

Maybe it will be a Anniversary parade instead?

If it's similar to CP 150, I'm kinda hoping they do the VIP experience thing where you can win by scanning a barcode around the park. I think good places for the VIP lounges would be 1) in that grassy area by Diamondback's brake run 2) area by crypt building and/or Brewhouse patio 3) Eiffel Tower 50 foot platform (they would likely have to do some extensive modifications though for that so that is extremely unlikely imo). Also, I'm also hoping the parade and entertainment is original and not a copy/paste from Cedar Point 150, but I wouldn't complain if it were more a copy and paste from CP 150 as that looked like a lot of fun. 

36 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Was the VIP lounge at CP used enough to be worth the investment for KI? I never really saw it used much on my trips up there.

Good question Brad. Ik the game was used as part of the Ticket of a lifetime thing. I don't remember the exact number of VIP winners they had in a day, but it seems like a good chunk of people who played, won the VIP experience. What was cool about the VIP lounges, is they had a local Brewery sponsor them. Down here, there are tons of Breweries who would probably sponsor something like that. I'm sure if KI did some sort of VIP experience game where you scan to win and they market the VIP lounges and do them nicely like Cedar Point, I'm sure guests would take advantage of it. From what I saw, the VIP lounges offered a great place to sit and cool down on a hot day. I'm sure that is something guests would really appreciate. We'll see though.

4 hours ago, Imperial79 said:

I saw Carowinds is getting a new event for 2022!

2022 Carowinds State Line Celebration - CP Food Blog

Based on what I read, it sounds like their version of Cedar Point's Frontier Festival. I would honestly love us to get something like that in Rivertown. We used to have a brew fest, but that only lasted for 2 years and it was for 21 and up only since it was just alcohol tasting. I think we should basically bring back the brew fest, but make it more family friendly like Frontier Festival and maybe call it "Rivertown Brew and BBQ" and have it basically take place in Rivertown including the pathway that goes in between Backlot and Diamondback's splashdown similar to what Brewfest did. 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, Timchat2 said:

With the recent casting call for a drumline it sounds like Kings Island might be getting something similar to Celebrate 150 at Cedar Point. Hopefully the Golden Celebration will get some original music as well.

Remember...  There were 5 marching bands including a huge drumline at Kings Islands Grand Opening on May 27th, 1972...  

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:38 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Maybe it will be a Anniversary parade instead?

My understanding is that they had to decide between making a parade part of the celebration or having Carnival, as having two parades over the summer would be expensive and a logistical nightmare. Perhaps that’s our answer. 

• Like 1