Spirit Song no more??

Hawaiian Coasters 325

39 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

But, in any case, I am very happy that Spirit Song is returning.  I am never able to go because of work, but I know you really enjoy it @Hawaiian Coasters 325 and will have a blast!

I actually haven't been to it since 2015 when I went with my former church youth group when I lived in Indiana. In fact, I only went for 2 out of the 3 days as I was in Cincy for a conference downtown that same week and after the conference ended we met up with the group at KI. However, I do like the concert atmosphere that SS brings to the park and I know some people who love going every year. It also brings in a ton of church groups every year so imo it adds to the atmosphere of the park. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

waste of money 

Guessing they can count on you for purchasing zero tickets.

Three reasons why you feel this is a waste of money? how about just 1? Kings Island/Cedar Fair would not do unless it generated an ROI. If an outside organization was in charge and rented the facility- they wouldn't do it unless there was a positive ROI.   

So how, exactly, does this affect you?

• Like 2

Also seems like they are doing what the park did with the concert series last year where the concerts don't include park admission and they'll utilize the separate entrance to Timberwolf the park added last year. I'm interested in seeing how this works because in the past they usually had booths set up for different ministries that even spilled out in front of Congo Falls and people could just go in and out. I believe Star 93.3 would usually have a booth in front of Congo Falls and artists would tend to stop by it. Obviously if tickets don't include park admission, they can't really do that so they'd probably have to put the booth somewhere else. Maybe instead of around Congo they'll have those booths set up along the pathway that leads to the separate entrance under Invertigo/Congo? 

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Thank you for posting… Skillet and Newsboys on the same day!?!? That’s gonna be epic!!! :D

Yes!!!!  We will be just getting back from Universal on Wednesday, so all 3 nights are out, but definitely going Saturday!!!  Skillet is our son’s favorite band and we missed them last year so he will be super excited!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Loved Skillet last night although it felt like the high end dropped out about two thirds of the way through the set.  Also Jen's voice wasn't has prominent as it should have been compared to John.  Felt like the crew and John were just trying to get back to the swing of things after being off for over a month.  

• Like 1