Water Coaster Please?

tks944

I am a huge fan of water coasters. Been on all 3 at Holiday World and the one at Great Wolf Lodge. They are a lot of fun, good capacity and a definite crowd pleaser. I would really love to see one built at KI's water park. The worlds tallest or longest water coaster would bring the park to another level. Please Cedar Fair?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tks944 said:

I am a huge fan of water coasters. Been on all 3 at Holiday World and the one at Great Wolf Lodge. They are a lot of fun, good capacity and a definite crowd pleaser. I would really love to see one built at KI's water park. The worlds tallest or longest water coaster would bring the park to another level. Please Cedar Fair?

and call it "Tropical Beast" lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

One like Mammoth at HW please.

I like the 3 seater torpedo style like wildebeast and cheetah chase a little more than the raft style. Air time in the back seat is great. Even on Great Wolf Lodge's two small drops you get a good pop of air.  I'd take any water coaster though, just make it big and tall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tks944 said:

Ahh yes the perennial water coaster discussion point. I have been an advocate for years that KI needs a water coaster of such a caliber to make Soak City a more well rounded waterpark. I have stated time and time again, use the back end near Pineapple with the ravine to create a one of a kind terrain water coaster that breaks some form of record. I would absolutely love to see an airtime machine like Wildebeest hit Kings Island and really round out the waterpark as it is seriously lacking in modern waterslides. (For those who don't know, most of the older slides near the left side of the waterpark are from the Water Works era, Rendezvous Run and Mondo Monsoon are from the Boomerang Bay era (RIP to the Golden Age) and Tropical Plunge is from the Soak City era) We need a new and innovative attraction like a PROSlide water coaster to move the waterpark in a new direction for the chain. 

• Like 1

Idk if it would be too much of a deal, but there are a large number of power lines in that area and a substation is back there so idk if the park would want to risk building in that area or not. I have a weird feeling mondo monsoon might be on its way out as KD removed their version of it a few years ago. If so, they could always start the water coaster there and give it a nice plaza with a beach street thing similar to KD. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Idk if it would be too much of a deal, but there are a large number of power lines in that area and a substation is back there so idk if the park would want to risk building in that area or not. I have a weird feeling mondo monsoon might be on its way out as KD removed their version of it a few years ago. If so, they could always start the water coaster there and give it a nice plaza with a beach street thing similar to KD. 

That's 100% the issue with the waterpark as it stands. Like I said before, that area near Pineapple is the only conceivable area that they have to work with unfortunately; because I don't see any conceivable routes that the park can take with the current grid setup. Should they move Mondo, I would see them trying to add in a new kids area in all honesty. If they expanded with a new WWW kid slide area like what Holiday World has, it could really change the outlook on the waterpark. That, and it could give the park 10 new slides to use for promotional material.

I will note as I know someone is going to bring up Zoom; that monstrosity just got a major renovation not even like what 3 years ago with the lift system? I'm not saying it isn't on the "I want this thing gone" list, but I don't see it going for awhile. 

I am not a waterpark person, but I have gone over there for Island BBQ.  It seems very dated and forlorn.  I hope they updatd and retheme it to something less generic than Soak City.  But they also need to renovate Snoopy, have The Vortex void to fill, have a huge aluminum box in Rivertown and the ghosts of Paramount/Viamcom and CBS linger on in Action Zone.

They have made great strides in the past 5 years and I know they will continue.

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

That's 100% the issue with the waterpark as it stands. Like I said before, that area near Pineapple is the only conceivable area that they have to work with unfortunately; because I don't see any conceivable routes that the park can take with the current grid setup. Should they move Mondo, I would see them trying to add in a new kids area in all honesty. If they expanded with a new WWW kid slide area like what Holiday World has, it could really change the outlook on the waterpark. That, and it could give the park 10 new slides to use for promotional material.

I will note as I know someone is going to bring up Zoom; that monstrosity just got a major renovation not even like what 3 years ago with the lift system? I'm not saying it isn't on the "I want this thing gone" list, but I don't see it going for awhile. 

Yeah I agree. I think honestly if the next addition to SC isn't a water coaster, I think it'll be something like what KD got in 2021 (supposed to be 2020). A larger water playground with multiple dumping buckets (bigger than the current one) and a food truck inspired dining area with live music (Beach street). I think it comes down to ridership. I don't know any ridership numbers for Zoom Flume, but I feel like if the park decides to install a water coaster and thinks the only way to put in a water coaster without the powerlines causing issues, they I think they'd remove it. 

On 2/16/2022 at 11:11 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah I agree. I think honestly if the next addition to SC isn't a water coaster, I think it'll be something like what KD got in 2021 (supposed to be 2020). A larger water playground with multiple dumping buckets (bigger than the current one) and a food truck inspired dining area with live music (Beach street). I think it comes down to ridership. I don't know any ridership numbers for Zoom Flume, but I feel like if the park decides to install a water coaster and thinks the only way to put in a water coaster without the powerlines causing issues, they I think they'd remove it. 

Ridership typically remains constant on Zoom Flume, even though it is extremely bumpy and outdated, it still racks up a solid 30 min-hour wait. I don't necessarily believe we need to remove anything for a new slide, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did to make a plaza out of it. I just hope they don't lose the splash down on Zoom because it is the most picturesque area in the park when it's dusk. I think if they went for the kid expansion which wouldn't be surprising, they would try to either remove the pirate ship area (RIP to those memories if that happens), or they will probably just remove Mondo at this point. As for the food options, the waterpark is extremely cramped now with the new layout. I would find it hard to believe that they would make more choke points in an already cramped line from one end of the park to the other at this point. 

They've got the power lines crossing through, the substation behind Mondo Monsoon, and severe terrain where the giant raft slide is. That exit is brutal, they need an escalator or something to get you out of that ravine the pool is in.

I'm not sure why Mondo would be removed anytime soon, it came with the BB expansion so it's not like it's ancient. Pineapple Pipeline on the other hand is an original slide, not very big, and could be a candidate to remove. They may be able to, creatively, fit in a water coaster between the corkscrew slides and the giant raft slide if Pineapple was taken out. I'm not sure how much usable space there is behind it.