Hersheypark's 2022 Additions

Well, at least they are getting a new flat ride along with the additions to Sidewinder.  I wish more parks would install more flat rides.

And the flat ride has a name:  Mix`d Flavored by Jolly Rancher. https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/mixd-flavored-by-jolly-rancher  Not a fan of that name.  I get they are trying to tie into a bran, but seems like a mouthful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Well, at least they are getting a new flat ride along with the additions to Sidewinder.  I wish more parks would install more flat rides.

And the flat ride has a name:  Mix`d Flavored by Jolly Rancher. https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/mixd-flavored-by-jolly-rancher  Not a fan of that name.  I get they are trying to tie into a bran, but seems like a mouthful.

Well of course, if it was any more it would have to be called Hooters; I don't think that is owned by Hershey's however.

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

The paint job looks cool, but why name it after candy if it's in the Frontier section of the park (unless they are going to annex the-coaster-formally-known-as-Sidewinder to another area of the park...)? However, I do think the new flat ride's name is fitting.

I think I think themes other than “candy we own and want to promote” sailed a lonnng time ago in this park. Not sure if they were ever that strong anyway. It was a nice park when I was there, but far from a “theme” park. 

I understand. I almost feel like the only real themed area at Hershey (with the exception of maybe the waterpark and some light theming in the Americana section) is the Pioneer Frontier area mostly because of the decor and IIRC, there was a sign denoting the area (at least when I went in 2015). And speaking of which, according to the map, it looks like the park has made quite a few changes since then (such as new food places and what appears to be a Fastlane-like service). It's cool that they absorbed the pre-entrance park of the park into the park as Hershey's Chocolatetown.