50th anniversary Film

WhatTheBlazes

With the many threads now discussing KI's upcoming 50th anniversary I am reminded of the 2019 Coasterstock.  In that year's event, there was a presentation about a KI history film that was being produced, and the hope was at that time that the film  would be ready for release for the 50th anniversary.  The presentation included a short trailer that featured some past attractions such as Zodiac.  Is there anybody here that has heard any updates on this film and if it is still in production and if so, is the plan to still release it in time for the 50th?

• Like 1

It was not a park project.  It was an individual who was working with others.  He canceled the project because he said the Covid 19 pandemic made it so that he could not travel to do interviews for the documentary, if I remember correctly.

If you haven't already, look into buying @KIghostguy's book:  Kings Island: A Ride Through Time.  It delves into to history of the park in a chronological order with interviews of the people that made it all happen.  If you are a fan of nostalgic but fact-based story -telling, this is the book for you.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It was not a park project.  It was an individual who was working with others.  He canceled the project because he said the Covid 19 pandemic made it so that he could not travel to do interviews for the documentary, if I remember correctly.

If you haven't already, look into buying @KIghostguy's book:  Kings Island: A Ride Through Time.  It delves into to history of the park in a chronological order with interviews of the people that made it all happen.  If you are a fan of nostalgic but fact-based story -telling, this is the book for you.  

Thank you for the information!  All of the 50th Anniversary talk triggered my memory of the video project presented at that Coasterstock and was wondering if it was still in the works or not. Definitely is understandable as to why that project was canceled!  I did read @KIghostguy's Kings Island: A Ride Through Time.  It was fantastic and just as you describe.  Nostalgic fact-based story telling.  It was very enjoyable!

14 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

You could also watch the documentary on Kings Island that was made about a decade ago:

This was also a very fun source of KI History!  I believe that I viewed this at the beginning of the 2020 shutdowns when I could not make it into the office.  There are some other good videos out there as well like Defunctland's Son of Beast and Tomb Raider: The Ride among others.  I've just always enjoyed these types of materials.  Definitely appreciate the recommendation!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1