Current Remnants of Past Attractions 50th Anniversary Edition

IndyGuy4KI

With the 50th anniversary coming up, we need to update the main pages current remnants page. It has not been updated in some time, and either needs removed or updated. I want this to be the members site, so we will use this thread to allow KIC members to post what they see for this year, and I will update that page on the main site.

For it to be added to the main site's page, please provide a pic of what you see and we will use that as the resource for the new entry. We can also validate old entries or prove them inaccurate at this point. Lets have fun with this!

https://kicentral.com/parkhistory/historical-facts/current-remnants-of-past-attractions/

• Like 3

• IndyGuy4KI changed the title to Current Remnants of Past Attractions 50th Anniversary Edition

I’m just spit firing here but:

A lot of the queue structures for Orion consists of old Firehawk queue. This includes the greeter booth, which was Firehawk’s photo booth. 

The parking lot marquis was originally designed to look like the entrance gate to Paramount Studios. The structure has been modified but it is still apparent as to what it was. 

The Action FX Theater is still standing and was used as a Haunt until 2019. There is a tech services workshop under it. 

Part of the Dinosaurs Alive! trail is still in the woods by Orion. The Dinos and electronics have all been removed but the path and rope handrails remain intact. 

There are still stickers in many of the food locations windows saying, “Mobile ordering coming soon!” from when the park thought they were going to try to pull off mobile ordering. 

• Like 6

• 5 months later...

Well obviously thanks to Phantom Theater Encore, we know now the remnants of Phantom Theater that still exist. 

The scrim portrait for Maestro and Garbonzo.

Great Garbonzos canon

Mirror and background prop from Helga Bolvine

Signage from around the ride and theater 

Maestro and Houdlinis head, no word on what happened to the rest of the animatronics.

Mummy Sarcophagus

Shakespearean actor

Hallway busts

Furnace is in Slaughterhouse 

Original Model for ride

OG Ride Cars

Think that’s about it, if Im missing anything feel free to add

• Like 2

I will second the Firehawk remanants. While waiting in line for Flight of Fear (didn't ride as the line was crawling...), I happened to see the old staircase that would lead to the other half of Firehawk's station.

IMG_1067 (2).jpg

Feel free to use this picture as part of the remnants section of KIC's photo gallery; you have my permission! :D

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

Well obviously thanks to Phantom Theater Encore, we know now the remnants of Phantom Theater that still exist. 

The scrim portrait for Maestro and Garbonzo.

Great Garbonzos canon

Mirror and background prop from Helga Bolvine

Signage from around the ride and theater 

Maestro and Houdlinis head, no word on what happened to the rest of the animatronics.

Mummy Sarcophagus

Shakespearean actor

Hallway busts

Furnace is in Slaughterhouse 

Original Model for ride

OG Ride Cars

Think that’s about it, if Im missing anything feel free to add

The scrims as well as the signage, even the stuff on the stage, are replicas of the original but were not the physical ones in the ride. More impressively, you are correct about all of the other stuff. That’s all original. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The scrims as well as the signage, even the stuff on the stage, are replicas of the original but were not the physical ones in the ride. More impressively, you are correct about all of the other stuff. That’s all original. 

The two scrim portraits in the lobby are original. They were discovered in the basement of the Action Theater IIRC. As far as the stage, Garbanzo’s cannon and the mummy case are from the ride. One of the vases on stage is from the Prop Room—it was right next to the mummy. Not sure about the other stuff on the stage, but those items I know for sure are original!

8 hours ago, MaestroJr said:

They were all thrown away in a dumpster, unfortunately.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The signs are indeed replicas. The scrims, the cannon, and the sarcophagus are all original to the ride. I don’t recall anything else on stage being original (except the vase?), if I remember, I’ll ask if there’s anything else when I’m back at work later this week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

The two scrim portraits in the lobby are original. They were discovered in the basement of the Action Theater IIRC. As far as the stage, Garbanzo’s cannon and the mummy case are from the ride. One of the vases on stage is from the Prop Room—it was right next to the mummy. Not sure about the other stuff on the stage, but those items I know for sure are original!

They were all thrown away in a dumpster, unfortunately.

Shame they could’ve auctioned those off for quite a lot of dough

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The only reason I knew the scrims were original is I talked to one of the guys on the show and he said they were original and had been refurbished. Plus if you look at them they have a few nicks which suggest their age. As far as the cannon and mummy, I know they were in Madame Fatales last year and I figured they just moved them from there and will probably move them back to the maze this year. I’m actually quite impressed though with those scrims, the fact that they look like replicas shows you they did a great job refurbishing them. In any case hopefully we continue to see more things from the ole Phantom Theater. 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 10:32 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m just spit firing here but:

A lot of the queue structures for Orion consists of old Firehawk queue. This includes the greeter booth, which was Firehawk’s photo booth. 

The parking lot marquis was originally designed to look like the entrance gate to Paramount Studios. The structure has been modified but it is still apparent as to what it was. 

The Action FX Theater is still standing and was used as a Haunt until 2019. There is a tech services workshop under it. 

Part of the Dinosaurs Alive! trail is still in the woods by Orion. The Dinos and electronics have all been removed but the path and rope handrails remain intact. 

There are still stickers in many of the food locations windows saying, “Mobile ordering coming soon!” from when the park thought they were going to try to pull off mobile ordering. 

Which restaurants still have the Mobile ordering coming soon signs?   I was at park last night and could not find any....

2 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Which restaurants still have the Mobile ordering coming soon signs?   I was at park last night and could not find any....

They’re gone now, but as late as last year they were on some. In 2020 and 2021 they had them on almost all of them. They even had it live for a bit at the Festhaus. The receipt is still loaded into my KI app from when I used it. 
BD8ACE2A-2532-4593-B391-D0ACFB224760.png

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 9:22 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

With the 50th anniversary coming up, we need to update the main pages current remnants page. It has not been updated in some time, and either needs removed or updated. I want this to be the members site, so we will use this thread to allow KIC members to post what they see for this year, and I will update that page on the main site.

For it to be added to the main site's page, please provide a pic of what you see and we will use that as the resource for the new entry. We can also validate old entries or prove them inaccurate at this point. Lets have fun with this!

https://KICentral.com/parkhistory/historical-facts/current-remnants-of-past-attractions/

Might want to update that list. Scratch out #6, #9, and #15

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:13 PM, MaestroJr said:

The only reason I knew the scrims were original is I talked to one of the guys on the show and he said they were original and had been refurbished. Plus if you look at them they have a few nicks which suggest their age. As far as the cannon and mummy, I know they were in Madame Fatales last year and I figured they just moved them from there and will probably move them back to the maze this year. I’m actually quite impressed though with those scrims, the fact that they look like replicas shows you they did a great job refurbishing them. In any case hopefully we continue to see more things from the ole Phantom Theater. 

Had we had more room we could of displayed more in the lobby. They are indeed very fragile and amazing they are still around. 

7EA0BA52-D32B-43DF-81FF-9B634CEB9367.jpeg

8E50A93F-0C1B-4D41-8BA2-83F589D051C4.jpeg

28AE7427-3435-44E9-A445-FAB462242D42.jpeg

FA4E0B08-9957-4E6F-88C6-0DD3E840AA1A.jpeg

3EDE4756-9015-4A61-851C-99CBC5F1BA69.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2