Cedar Fair working with intamin again

FYI if anyone is curious what this is, these are apparently brand new trains for Millennium Force. I am very curious to what these are gonna look like, what type of restraints they will have, etc. If I had to guess these new trains will be similar to the ones on say, Kondaa at Walibi Belgium.

B9725289601Z.1_20201119145226_000+GC0H3C

I also kinda think TTD's accident this past year may have had some influence on Cedar Fair deciding to go and retire the old trains and get brand-new ones. The trains on TTD did appear to have some of the same parts as the Millennium Force trains, so if what caused the TTD accident was a design flaw in the trains, Cedar Fair would probably want brand new ones with the flaw fixed for Millennium Force.

Edit: OOPS! See below posts.

• Like 1

I don’t know, but I think there is a real possibility these crates are fake. Cedar Point loves to troll enthusiasts during Winter Chill Out, so it would not surprise me if this was a joke. Also, if Millennium Force gets new trains or another new part, it does not necessarily mean Intamin and Cedar Fair are working together again. Cedar Fair probably has to purchase parts from Intamin all the time for their rides.

That being said, I do want Cedar Fair and Intamin to work together again on new rides. New Intamin LSM launch coasters like Velocicoaster seem to not only be very good rides but also reliable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coasterteam said:

Not all the time.

BiTech. They've reversed-engineered some parts and manufacture a LOT in-house for Cedar Fair. 

That is true, but Cedar Fair still needs to get some specialty parts from Intamin. I saw online that the crates from Intamin were for a replacement of Millennium Force’s cable lift, but I have no way to verify that statement.

I saw the crate when I was at Winter Chill Out.  It’s a real crate and I am pretty sure it really is from Intamin, but I am also almost certain it just contains parts.  I asked a member of maintenance and he stated it was a shipment that was needed to rebuild the Millennium Force trains for the season and it was already 2 months late which is why it was shipped Air Freight.  Why am I certain the shipment is real?  It has real shipping and tracking information, and stickers.  Millennium Force is serial number T-411, 

Maintenance was rebuilding the Millennium Force trains just like normal.  

• Like 1

Parts more than likely, I can’t see the park fabricating it’s own parts for rides that it didn’t build. I would imagine that would be a huge liability for themselves in doing so. Here’s a photo of work being done on Millennium Force not long after the TTD incident. They were replacing what appears to be brackets on the trains.

19B81627-5038-4F90-91D5-8B11338AAABF.jpeg

I love your enthusiasm Coaster Sally that CF is going to work with Intamin again. The evidence does not seem to support that though. WT just left, and TTD is SBNO for 2022.  I would say they might be moving further away from them. Hopefully they prove me wrong for your sake though.

• Like 5

I would conjecture that Cedar Fair has never stopped working with Intamin.  Rather, they stopped buying new rides from them.  They have to continue to work with them on existing rides for guidance.  Sort of like when parents get divorced and have children together.  They might not like each other because of the past, but they still need to coparent.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tr0y said:

Parts more than likely, I can’t see the park fabricating it’s own parts for rides that it didn’t build. I would imagine that would be a huge liability for themselves in doing so. Here’s a photo of work being done on Millennium Force not long after the TTD incident. They were replacing what appears to be brackets on the trains.

19B81627-5038-4F90-91D5-8B11338AAABF.jpeg

The flag plates is just basic angle iron that can be purchased pretty much anywhere.  I don't see them required to be purchased exclusively from Intamin nor should there be a reason to have them replaced since they are not designed to come in contact with anything.

The pic here is of the front train of MF.  Flag plates used for prox switches are at the end of the train which clears a block.  I don't imagine a flag plate clearing a block would be at the front of a train.