The fate of Maxair at Cedar Point

After not opening for the 2021 season, rumor has it that the ride would be removed. It looks like that’s not the case, at least not yet. 

Maxair has been been put on Cedar Point’s Early Entry list. Please note that Steel Vengeance and Maverick are no longer on the list. 

397434E3-7FE6-4F9E-AE00-391676849F82.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coaster sally said:

Besides millenium there is no incentive for early entry.

The removal of Steel vengeance and Maverick are disappointing, but are you saying if it's not an Intamin or a RMC it's not worth the effort? 

Most GP run to those two coasters at the beginning of the day. It seems you could get the two B&Ms in the front of the park ridden so you can focus on the back of the park.

• Like 1

Not to be "that person", but to me this points directly to CF Corp saying "We can increase our FL+ sales if we take the two coasters that ALWAYS have multi-hour waits off of the early entry list".  Sorry, thats how I see em now, my disdain is approaching the level it was when Dick was running the show.  With that said and keeping to the point of topic, I am happy to see that MaxAir will be running this year for my first trip back since 2019.

When I was up there last summer (2 days we were there at early entry, the middle day we were at the waterpark, but could clearly see Steel Vengeance from the water park) It doesn't feel like either of them ever opened up for early ride time, at least not right away, even when the park opened (10:00?) for regular hours, rides like Gemini didn't start running for an hour +  Gate keeper was down 9but testing a couple of different times that I noticed) and TTD was down the first 2 days, and eventually opened back up on day 3.

GateKeeper aside, makes me wonder if they had staffing issues (like everyone else last summer) and perhaps they anticipate the same thing this season (doesn't feel like its getting any better in other job forces, so not sure that seasonal park employee hiring would be any better).

On 3/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, IBEW_Sparky said:

Not to be "that person", but to me this points directly to CF Corp saying "We can increase our FL+ sales if we take the two coasters that ALWAYS have multi-hour waits off of the early entry list".  Sorry, thats how I see em now, my disdain is approaching the level it was when Dick was running the show.  With that said and keeping to the point of topic, I am happy to see that MaxAir will be running this year for my first trip back since 2019.

Is CF's "Fast Lane" system finally a proper "virtual" queue system that even Six Flags once figured out or is it still the "wristbands + just hop on whenever you want" amateur hour they introduced in 2012?

8 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Is CF's "Fast Lane" system finally a proper "virtual" queue system that even Six Flags once figured out or is it still the "wristbands + just hop on whenever you want" amateur hour they introduced in 2012?

You see, you’re wrong.

Cedar Fair is still stuck with wrist bands.

Six Flags hasn’t figured out their virtual queue. 

• Like 1

Glad to see maXair is opening this year. I always catch a spin on it as opposed to Delirium at KI. At CP, it doesn't get much of a line whereas there's always been a long wait when I was there for Delirium. 

Last trip I made to CP, I quite enjoyed early entry on GateKeeper and Valravn. 2 of my favorite coasters there.