Single day ticket prices

vbscoot

Hi everyone,

Its been a very long time since we visited Kings Island.  We are looking to take our two grandsons in June.  Just wondering if the ticket prices online right now will remain the same throughout the season or will the increase ?  Does anyone know what is typical for the website prices?  We , of course, would like to get a weather forecast before we purchase tickets....but we're a long way from that.

I'd venture that you won't find them any cheaper than they are online right now.  You can buy 1 day pass and I believe its good for any day you want, don't have to commit to a day at the moment.

Some things to consider:

How old are your grandsons?  Are you taking either of their parents along with them, or is this just a trip with grandma/grandpa?  have they ever been to KI, or something similar, and if so, do you know what kind of things they are willing/able to ride?

Reason i ask, and I'll assume you are retired or in a situation where you can attend any day of the week that serves your purpose.  If you are limited to weekends, then you may want to consider fast passes if a) they will want to ride everything (and are tall enough) and b) you are willing to ride everything with them.

If you go mid week, fast passes won't be needed, but have to wait in a few lines (though typically not too bad).

If they are both on the younger side and you will be mostly limited to Planet Snoopy, another thing to consider is if what hours you would like to attend.  Planet Snoopy tends to clear out late in the evening.  If you are able to keep them up and in the park thru fireworks that last hour in PS can be a magical time where it feels like you have the whole area to yourself.  Woodstock express has often been walkon, and even stay in your seat and reride late in the evening as the remaining families head home or find spots to watch the firework show.

If you plan to go all day, food passes might be a good plan, depending on the age of the boys, they might be able to split a meal.  My 5 & 8 year old could last year, my 13 year old....not so much, he would eat 2 meals on his own :)

If they are tall enough for coasters and its something you want to do with them but they are apprehensive, spend some time checking out POVs on youtube so they can get a feel for what the ride is like.

Have fun, some of my most cherished memories are watching the reactions of my kids the first time they got on a new ride and was able to sit shotgun with them for the experience.  Way better watching the joy on their faces than the ride itself.

EDIT:

Another thing I just thought of, is there anyone else aside from yourself that is taking your grandsons along with you?  They may want to do very different things.  One may want to ride rollercoasters while the other is too nervous (or too short).  My oldest was on The Beast, Drop Tower, Vortex, etc... all when he was still 4.  My daughter wouldn't touch The Beast until last season when she was 9.  Our youngest, now 6 was the kid that would get upset because he couldn't ride the bigger rides that his older brother was enjoying.  He's now tall enough to ride The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Drop Tower once its open on a visit (it was closed the 1 trip we made last year when he finally hit the 48" mark).  Begin able to, and willing to divide and conquer the park with more than 1 grownup can make things very enjoyable.  Often my wife would take the younger kids and do rides they would enjoy while I took my son on a nearby coaster or two, then once we rode, we would switch and my wife would ride a coaster or two with my oldest while I took the 2 youngest on things they could enjoy.  In some areas (like around Banshee) there isn't much for smaller kids so sometimes we would just hang out near the que until the oldest and 1 parent was done with Banshee, bat, etc... but most everything else has something for younger kids close by that you never have to be too far away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, medford said:

I'd venture that you won't find them any cheaper than they are online right now.  You can buy 1 day pass and I believe its good for any day you want, don't have to commit to a day at the moment.

Some things to consider:

How old are your grandsons?  Are you taking either of their parents along with them, or is this just a trip with grandma/grandpa?  have they ever been to KI, or something similar, and if so, do you know what kind of things they are willing/able to ride?

Reason i ask, and I'll assume you are retired or in a situation where you can attend any day of the week that serves your purpose.  If you are limited to weekends, then you may want to consider fast passes if a) they will want to ride everything (and are tall enough) and b) you are willing to ride everything with them.

If you go mid week, fast passes won't be needed, but have to wait in a few lines (though typically not too bad).

If they are both on the younger side and you will be mostly limited to Planet Snoopy, another thing to consider is if what hours you would like to attend.  Planet Snoopy tends to clear out late in the evening.  If you are able to keep them up and in the park thru fireworks that last hour in PS can be a magical time where it feels like you have the whole area to yourself.  Woodstock express has often been walkon, and even stay in your seat and reride late in the evening as the remaining families head home or find spots to watch the firework show.

If you plan to go all day, food passes might be a good plan, depending on the age of the boys, they might be able to split a meal.  My 5 & 8 year old could last year, my 13 year old....not so much, he would eat 2 meals on his own :)

If they are tall enough for coasters and its something you want to do with them but they are apprehensive, spend some time checking out POVs on youtube so they can get a feel for what the ride is like.

Have fun, some of my most cherished memories are watching the reactions of my kids the first time they got on a new ride and was able to sit shotgun with them for the experience.  Way better watching the joy on their faces than the ride itself.

nice tips, i would say most people on here though have season passes 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, medford said:

Some things to consider:

EDIT:

Another thing I just thought of, is there anyone else aside from yourself that is taking your grandsons along with you?  They may want to do very different things.  One may want to ride rollercoasters while the other is too nervous (or too short).  My oldest was on The Beast, Drop Tower, Vortex, etc... all when he was still 4.  My daughter wouldn't touch The Beast until last season when she was 9.  Our youngest, now 6 was the kid that would get upset because he couldn't ride the bigger rides that his older brother was enjoying.  He's now tall enough to ride The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Drop Tower once its open on a visit (it was closed the 1 trip we made last year when he finally hit the 48" mark).  Begin able to, and willing to divide and conquer the park with more than 1 grownup can make things very enjoyable.  Often my wife would take the younger kids and do rides they would enjoy while I took my son on a nearby coaster or two, then once we rode, we would switch and my wife would ride a coaster or two with my oldest while I took the 2 youngest on things they could enjoy.  In some areas (like around Banshee) there isn't much for smaller kids so sometimes we would just hang out near the que until the oldest and 1 parent was done with Banshee, bat, etc... but most everything else has something for younger kids close by that you never have to be too far away.

Hey Medford 

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.  The boys are 8 and 6 (small for their ages) I'm not sure that either one of them have reached the 48" mark yet.  We would probably be mostly in the kids section and waterpark I would assume.  Not sure what to do about the food situation.  Can you still carry food in?  

The website asks for a date when purchasing tickets.  Im not sure if that is to differentiate between weekend and weekday pricing or if that locks you into a date....will have to investigate further.   $45 does seem like a good deal

thanks all for the help