Meal Plans

medford

I haven't begun looking into this yet, but wanted to secure thoughts on Platinum + food plans.

Family of 5..Mom, Dad, 14 (in June), 10 (in May) and 6.  I'm not sure if the the 6 and soon to be 10 year old can still split a typical KI meal or not.  13 year old definitely would devour his whole meal and whatever is left over.

Typically, we will hit the park once school is out, mid week in the evening, once a week.  We will grab dinner, ride rides and leave around fireworks.  With the earlier closing times at the start of last season, our typical mid-week evening visit was killed off until later in the summer.  B/w baseball and football, we probably have about 6 visits we will be able to work in that way.

We also plan to go to CP for a 2 night-3 day stay like we did last year.  2 mostly full days in the park, 1 day in the water park.

We will also likely visit on a couple of Sundays in the fall, maybe even get the then 14 year old in for a friday night fest in the fall.

So all told, I'm guessing we will be eating a meal roughly 15 times this season b/w KI and CP.  I'm going to guess that the meal plan is totally worth the price at that point, but haven't looked into pricing at all yet.  Any drawbacks that I'm not considering (short of just not attending as often as I think we will/have in the past)?  Any upsides that I'm thinking of?  Anything wrong if we just went with 4 plans for the 5 of us, we would likely be grabbing a snack or a dessert that wouldn't be included on many of those trips aside from dinner, so 5 full meals feels like it may be too much food and wasteful.

Hey Medford, you ask some good questions. 

Based on the statistics that you laid out alone the meal plan makes a lot of sense. Plus, and I think others can attest, you may not be taking into account that a planned one meal day quickly turns into a two meal day I lieu of hitting a drive through or eating when you get home. 

Plus, the food is quickly becoming an attraction in itself. Don’t forget that Chef’s Plate is featured most of the summer and it’s fun to try that food.

• Like 1

With that number of visits you're right on the line where you might be better off getting 2 all-day dining plans per visit (or at least longer visits) and taking turns eating. It has a 90-minute wait between meals and 2 would easily cover that size of family if you don't mind a losing a little bit more time from your day. The bonus is that you can try out different things and if someone doesn't like something, they can make up for it later.

I would probably stick with the season dining just for convenience but its something to consider.

1 hour ago, DoomPlague said:

With that number of visits you're right on the line where you might be better off getting 2 all-day dining plans per visit (or at least longer visits) and taking turns eating. It has a 90-minute wait between meals and 2 would easily cover that size of family if you don't mind a losing a little bit more time from your day. The bonus is that you can try out different things and if someone doesn't like something, they can make up for it later.

I would probably stick with the season dining just for convenience but its something to consider.

My GF and I shared an all day dining plan on a trip to CP a few years ago. It worked out great, We were able to share like 6 meals throughout the day. Was nice to try all the different foods offered. Even got to try Pinky's before they shut down.

Thanks for all the responses.  Other than our 3 days up at the Pointe, we typically don't spend enough time in the park at any one point to eat 2 full meals.  There is the occasional sunday in the spring or fall, but typical summer visit is from 5:30ish to fireworks mid week.  With food places often shutting down early mid week, there may not be a 90 min window b/w entering the park and settling in and getting 2 meals spaced out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tks944 said:

My GF and I shared an all day dining plan on a trip to CP a few years ago. It worked out great, We were able to share like 6 meals throughout the day. Was nice to try all the different foods offered. Even got to try Pinky's before they shut down.

My wife and I did that when we went to Hershey last year. Worked out nice and got to try out a few different meals there. 

They have a ways to go to get where CF is at with food these days.

My 5 year old and 7 year old girls can finish a split meal some days and others they'll finish off two full meals. I usually finish the scraps of what's left since I'm pretty close to a camel.

I will say generally one meal for both of them and a small carry in snack still work for the two of them.