Racer Repaint Progress Update

Coasterteam

The area around to tower and behind it is absolutely barren.   Like much of the park.   One capital investment they refuse to do is adding trees for shade.  CF seems to like keeping their customers miserable in the heat.   They don’t even fully shade their line queues. 

I would be tickled if the “Kings Island” landscaping returned to the berm at the front gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 3/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, super7 said:

The area around to tower and behind it is absolutely barren.   Like much of the park.   One capital investment they refuse to do is adding trees for shade.  CF seems to like keeping their customers miserable in the heat.   They don’t even fully shade their line queues. 

To sell more drinks? :lol::blink::lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Peering down from that same vantage you can admire the amount of landscaping that the park dedicated to the Coney Island / Old Coney / Coney Mall area. In fact, that was one of the most impressive aspects of the park as a whole—all the trees and bushes were well-kept, and there was shade in abundance almost everywhere. The effect was rather charming

Kings Island landscaping was at one time was quite reknown for it's highly landscaped beauty. The scroll shrubs around the main fountain was so much more impressive than the gravel and squirt guns they have as a fountain now. (Just my opinion) 

ki-anniversary-carousel-2-fountain-entrance.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chuck_E_Cheese said:

Peering down from that same vantage you can admire the amount of landscaping that the park dedicated to the Coney Island / Old Coney / Coney Mall area. In fact, that was one of the most impressive aspects of the park as a whole—all the trees and bushes were well-kept, and there was shade in abundance almost everywhere. The effect was rather charming

Kings Island landscaping was at one time was quite reknown for it's highly landscaped beauty. The scroll shrubs around the main fountain was so much more impressive than the gravel and squirt guns they have as a fountain now. (Just my opinion) 

ki-anniversary-carousel-2-fountain-entrance.jpg

I have seen this photo from 1972 before and found it interesting that the white gravel was not there.  I wish they would add more flowers and less (or no) grass around the Royal Fountain.  The ornate shrubbery and white gravel would be a maintenance nightmare, I can understand why it's gone.  Also, I wish the ornate light fixtures returned in 2019.  

1 hour ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Moral of the story is we are happy that PAINT is the new attraction this year :P

Speaking of paint!

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

People in the desert jump for joy when they find water.

We flush our toilets with that. 

I am not sure plumbers would be happy with you flushing your toilet with paint!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

I don't think I saw that refill station open once this past season. 

I saw it open once during the summer, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

4 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

Will look good to walk by an empty set of buildings!

I saw that corner game operating 3 of the 4 times I went last year. 

The corner game was open for most of haunt, pretty sure it was open a lot during the summer too. Not sure about Winterfest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snowball said:

I saw it open once during the summer, I couldn’t believe my eyes.

The corner game was open for most of haunt, pretty sure it was open a lot during the summer too. Not sure about Winterfest.

Pretty sure it was open every night of Winterfest. 

• Like 1

Wasn't previously shown here, that and it's been on the Kings Island Instagram for the past week, but they provided a slightly different angle. It's further back, but you can see more of the track than the one they posted elsewhere.

Looks just as good!

image.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Isn't that certain coaster behind Racer due for a repaint this off-season, too?

Orion? It looks fine to me!

In all seriousness, I haven’t seen any updates of Adventure Express’ repaint. I want to assume it will be a quicker repaint with just the track needing repainted, but I know it is a tricky ride to repaint from the KI Central podcast with Baynum Painting. I wonder if the repaint has already happened, is ongoing, or will start after The Racer is complete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

Man, Diamondback is gonna look TERRIBLE with everything else getting painted, including those Rivertown buildings right next to it...

You could probably argue that it is themeing lol but it does like quite awful. I have been saying how bad it needs a repaint for years.

• Like 1

While I don't like deriving rumors from hearsay, I do recall hearing that we might see the old raised logo come back to The Racer cars this season - no longer the sticker. 

I am likely wrong, so don't get your hopes up! Time will tell, but I sure would love to see that come back!

17 minutes ago, Coasterteam said:

While I don't like deriving rumors from hearsay, I do recall hearing that we might see the old raised logo come back to The Racer cars this season - no longer the sticker. 

I am likely wrong, so don't get your hopes up! Time will tell, but I sure would love to see that come back!

Don't doubt yourself! Don confirmed that the dimensional lettering would be coming back at the ACE Christmas Party in December.

• Like 4