Family Entertainment to take over Kings Island (and some other CF parks) arcades

BoddaH1994

I work directly with these people at great wolf lodge. The workers are very nice but upper management leaves a lot to be desired . I know workers who were asked asked their vacation time during Covid because they wouldn’t pay their workers if they got sick. But this isn’t particularly exciting news. I never play in the arcades when I’m at the park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outsourcing certainly is interesting.  Providing the service, but not being employees of the company where you work.  Our hospital oursources many services:  Food goes to Morrison's, equipment (IV pumps, bladder scanners, etc) goes to Agility, Clinical Engineering to somebody, Housekeeping to somebody, etc.  Food prices are comparable to outside eateries and weekday lunch is good....cant see an impact from the others.  The hospital has no long term obligations like retirement, benefits and workers comp.  But they still get the revenue from parking permits! ;)

I wonder if we will see CF outsource in other areas?  Resort housekeeping?  Front of house foodservice?  What else could be outsources?

57 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Outsourcing certainly is interesting.  Providing the service, but not being employees of the company where you work.  Our hospital oursources many services:  Food goes to Morrison's, equipment (IV pumps, bladder scanners, etc) goes to Agility, Clinical Engineering to somebody, Housekeeping to somebody, etc.  Food prices are comparable to outside eateries and weekday lunch is good....cant see an impact from the others.  The hospital has no long term obligations like retirement, benefits and workers comp.  But they still get the revenue from parking permits! ;)

I wonder if we will see CF outsource in other areas?  Resort housekeeping?  Front of house foodservice?  What else could be outsources?

The arcades are already outsourced. I can’t remember the name of the previous company. They supplied the management, the maintenance, and maybe the lease on the games (I’m not sure about that last one). All of the customer-facing employees are Cedar Fair people. I’m not sure what, if anything, will change with this. 

• Like 1

You really don’t need physical prize or redemption areas anymore.  The use of the game card can track how many tickets are won electronically (on same the card swiped to activate the game).  Then the card can be scanned at an automated prize vending machine for ticket redemption.  These prize hubs are popping up at many hotel resort arcades now.

4CAF0E7A-B146-4C3A-9F0A-4C924EFA51F6.jpeg

EA3E0165-6A2F-4A6A-8DC6-6E0E6B97B307.jpeg

431BD0CF-9717-4822-8BA6-6575A3799366.jpeg

The arcades are already outsourced. I can’t remember the name of the previous company. They supplied the management, the maintenance, and maybe the lease on the games (I’m not sure about that last one). All of the customer-facing employees are Cedar Fair people. I’m not sure what, if anything, will change with this. 

I believe it was Pioneer vending back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

When I was at Kings Dominion last year, I saw that the security people running the metal detectors (and maybe security elsewhere in the park) were all wearing shirts that said "RMC Events." I assume that outsourcing park security was not a long term strategy, but just a way to deal with temporary staffing issues though.

I believe some of this was previously handled by Elaut.  At least that’s what the shirts worn by the arcade maintenance said.  I know the company manufactures claw games and most of the ones at the park were made by them.

Wonder if this will have any effect on the game cards.

• Like 2

Sounds exciting (to me, at least)! When at the park, I visited the arcades a few times and enjoy some of the games. And speaking of game cards, I would love points earned to be tied to a specific central system rather than the individual game card. For example, a few seasons ago, I lost a game card with a significant amount of points. Because the points system is tied to the specific card, I essentially lost all the points I’d earned and had to start over with a new one (wah-wah). Other than that, I love the arcade; my favorite games are Skeeball, Scrambler (where you hit the lights and tickets come out), and H20verdrive (RIP)

4 hours ago, Kenban said:

I believe some of this was previously handled by Elaut.  At least that’s what the shirts worn by the arcade maintenance said.  I know the company manufactures claw games and most of the ones at the park were made by them.

Wonder if this will have any effect on the game cards.

Elaut was it. FEG will be taking over their responsibilities.