Sweet Changes Coming to Sweet Spot in 2022

IndyGuy4KI

From Chef Major:

Last year we added our pastry chef, Belen Caire. She and her team have outgrown where they’re working so what better way than to take the Sweet Spot, move her operation there, and let our guests come in and watch the making of all of our desserts and the production. We’re going to be changing some of the things that go into the case. All of our desserts are going to be made from scratch. If you walk into the Sweet Spot at any given time, you’re going to see how the desserts are made, the person that’s actually making these wonderful desserts.

Learn more on the KIBlog here:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/march/kings-island-foodie-news-sweet-surprises-coming-to-sweet-spot-this-year 

IMG_20200808_145008.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

From Chef Major:

Last year we added our pastry chef, Belen Caire. She and her team have outgrown where they’re working so what better way than to take the Sweet Spot, move her operation there, and let our guests come in and watch the making of all of our desserts and the production. We’re going to be changing some of the things that go into the case. All of our desserts are going to be made from scratch. If you walk into the Sweet Spot at any given time, you’re going to see how the desserts are made, the person that’s actually making these wonderful desserts.

Learn more on the KIBlog here:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/march/kings-island-foodie-news-sweet-surprises-coming-to-sweet-spot-this-year 

IMG_20200808_145008.jpg

the link dont work Brad....

• Like 1

I know we take a critical look at things often as enthusiasts for the park. I must say, however... I love Kings Island and the atmosphere they've worked to create. So many great things happening. I still hope for a big new coaster to fill The Vortex plot in the coming years, but pretty much every time there is a new announcement like this it makes me even more excited to get back. 

• Like 5

So for those who missed the article or didn’t know how this worked in the first place: although Sweet Spot operated as a quasi-restaurant since its inception, those were Merchandise employees working in there. The famous Kings Island fudge was made in house along with a few things in the display case. Most of the rest came from vendors. Chef is announcing that the food department, specifically the new pastry chef Belen Caire, will be taking over the location and making much of the sweet treats from scratch. I do not know what the mix of vendor vs home made treats will be, but I imagine it will be greatly improved. Over all excellent news!

Update: My apologies. I was trying to find photos of the pastries from NYE so you could see Belen’s handiwork. Unfortunately I took tons of photos of the food but NONE of the deserts! Just take my worked for it that everything was well presented and incredibly delicious! I had a s’mores cupcake that was to die for!

• Like 5

It has been pretty obvious that thst cookies, brownies etc were shipped in because they were always in the stale side.   The park has been missing revenue in this shop for years by selling baked goods that were big, but of the lowest quality.    A real bakery is a great revenue source (see Herschend)

• Sad 1

On 3/15/2022 at 9:40 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

Chef is announcing that the food department, specifically the new pastry chef Belen Caire, will be taking over the location and making much of the sweet treats from scratch. I do not know what the mix of vendor vs home made treats will be, but I imagine it will be greatly improved. Over all excellent news!

I hope the Fudge is made from scratch. I love getting some fresh Fudge when I go to Kings Island or Cedar Point

• Like 2