Festhaus Updates

IndyGuy4KI

8 hours ago, Eric FL said:

166332628_10159605681207650_1663026071674403789_o.jpg

It would be great if they also brought back the streamers on the ceiling again.

The streamers would be amazing to bring back Would do a lot to revitalize the place adding more theming and color/deco to the place. Really help it feel more of a German Festhaus too.

• Like 2

Definitely would love to see a complete overhaul of Festhaus. The streamers were a nice touch back in the day. There was also the sense that the entertainment there was supposedly the best in the park; the ice show in particular was always a highlight. Now it feels like whatever show is in there is just something tossed off to play in the background while people eat. Would love a really good bit of entertainment in there. 

Also, I know this has been mentioned before, but I'd really like them to rethink the food options. The pizza is always among the worst in the park, and the selections aren't anything special (and Panda Express just seems odd in a German-themed building). Would love if it was rethought to an international-style restaurant, with offerings from around the world. Maybe a bit of BBQ, German food (obviously), Mexican...and you could keep Panda Express. 

When I was a kid, going to Festhaus was a highlight of the day; now it's just "that place we go when it's too hot or rainy." 

But please bring back the Blue Ice Cream beer. 

• Like 3

Seems like the consensus is that Harmony Hall has a lot of features we would like to see brought to Festhaus, and Cedar Point for that matter.  Better entertainment, a wide menu of quality, in-house food stands, a more modern and inviting design, etc.  Sure would be nice if they could make it happen.

Agreed on the pizza in there being terrible.

6 minutes ago, jsus said:

Seems like the consensus is that Harmony Hall has a lot of features we would like to see brought to Festhaus, and Cedar Point for that matter.  Better entertainment, a wide menu of quality, in-house food stands, a more modern and inviting design, etc.  Sure would be nice if they could make it happen.

Agreed on the pizza in there being terrible.

The Festhaus as it is does really well for the park based on how many people eat there. I really do like the concept of a Harmony Hall at Kings Island, but I think it is more realistic that Kings Island builds a separate dining hall similar to Harmony Hall than converting the Festhaus into one.

Appearance wise, the Festhaus has recently undergone many improvements with a patio added to the back, a new facade, and now some interior refurbishments. New shows and better food options would be nice, but based on how the building is set up, it may be hard to have as many food locations as Harmony Hall without major renovations and maybe a sacrifice of seating.

• Like 4