Yet ANOTHER ride will be refurbished for the Golden Celebration

BoddaH1994

Looks like the old western town will be getting a new lease on life. 

For our 50th Anniversary season, we’re breathing new life into the town section of the attraction by repairing and repainting the buildings, replacing old signs and adding extra theming elements. Items to be added include a horse, turtle, dog on the porch, lanterns and six cowboys. A beaver family and new bear will be added later this summer.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2022/march/k.i.--miami-valley-railroad-part-of-kings-islands-ride-refurbishment-program-for-50th-anniversary-season?fbclid=IwAR30-nKfu910wXC5ZsmSawOd3d6QHi9ToeNhd-V8E8mEIT1vv0AXFkEBIok

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Great news. Badly needed for a long time, and super happy to hear that this is happening! The characterization of the town as being an "old western town" in the blog is quite odd though--it's supposed to represent Lebanon c. 1803. I hope the Golden Lamb sign is brought back!

• Like 6

Great news. Badly needed for a long time, and super happy to hear that this is happening! The characterization of the town as being an "old western town" in the blog is quite odd though--it's supposed to represent Lebanon c. 1803. I hope the Golden Lamb sign is brought back!

Actually, this area was an “old western town” during the time period it represented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Meanwhile, in Rivertown...

diamondback.png

Honest to god this idea was in my mind, the idea is that Rivertown was to be owned by someone else that is not in this world. That will make sense giving Rivertown abandoned nature with Mystic Timbers/Diamondback/The Bat/The Beast taking over the woods with a creepy cavern (Crypt) in this town.

9 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Honest to god this idea was in my mind, the idea is that Rivertown was to be owned by someone else that is not in this world. That will make sense giving Rivertown abandoned nature with Mystic Timbers/Diamondback/The Bat/The Beast taking over the woods with a creepy cavern (Crypt) in this town.

I'm pretty sure the picture was a joke...I would hate to see them turn it into some monochromatic, gray monstrosity, no matter what the theming suggests. Amusement parks need color; would love a new post to be about how DB is receiving a fresh coat of paint (original colors). 

• Like 1

Ha.

Even when they repainted it in 2005, it just didn't last. Considering how Diamondback's track and lift structure has become, and Banshee's magenta-ish, maybe yellow and red just don't work well at KI due to sunlight angles or something.

I wouldn't mind Banshee's track looking more like it did in the renderings. The actual track, when it first arrived, was a deeper, more reddish hue.

On 3/26/2022 at 9:28 AM, cdubbs727 said:

I'm pretty sure the picture was a joke...I would hate to see them turn it into some monochromatic, gray monstrosity, no matter what the theming suggests. Amusement parks need color; would love a new post to be about how DB is receiving a fresh coat of paint (original colors). 

I know its a joke