The mill wheel is back!

super7

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Looks cool! When was the wheel originally installed/how long did it last?

The wheel was original to the ride when it opened at Cincinnati's Coney Island in 1968, as seen here (photo source unknown):

25822720677_896248fdf6_o.jpg

It was removed sometime between 2004-2005. It actually sat in a park boneyard afterward for a few years, before being assumedly scrapped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

The wheel was original to the ride when it opened at Cincinnati's Coney Island in 1968, as seen here (photo source unknown):

It was removed sometime between 2004-2005. It actually sat in a park boneyard afterward for a few years, before being assumedly scrapped.

A couple added notes...

The wheel's position was changed when installed at Kings Island.  At Cincy's Coney it was perpendicular to the water trough, at KI it was installed parallel.

The wheel was "refreshed" when the flume was converted to Wild Thornberry's, it revolved when it reopened in 2001.  By 2003 the wheel was stationary and no longer revolved.

• Like 4

On 3/28/2022 at 10:16 PM, super7 said:

I agree back to Rivertown.  I never liked the cartoony overlay on the rustic building. 

I didn't hate it but preferred the classic look for Rivertown better. Right now the worst part to me is the @d character board at the final turn. And for the longest time there was random lawn furniture just sitting there too that looked terrible. Would love to see that removed and the water expanded to the trough. With Mystic Timbers themed to a logging company though it could get a cool Lumber Mill tie in theme that could be very cool.