Kings Island 50th Anniversary Entrance Banner

BoddaH1994

On 4/5/2022 at 12:29 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m not 100% sure that this is allowed to be out, so if the mods need to kill this thread, no hard feelings. I saw this on Insta. 

4902D7CA-9F1D-4E13-8C82-B6E1A6EB33C3.jpeg

How would sharing this, which is in plain view sight of everyone traveling along Kings Island drive and perhaps some on the I71 northbound any different than you posting the picture of the sign out front the entrance getting some work? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

In the OP, why does the ET and Orion seem larger than life?  I mean, I know about forced perspective, but neither one are THAT big or THAT close to the turnstile buidling.

I shot it with a full frame camera at ~450mm. 
The compression is more an issues of subject distance from camera, not a complete function of focal length. 

If you look at the close ups I shot at 600mm later that day, Racer and Orion both look like they are looming right over the international street restaurant. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2022 at 11:30 PM, Driver8rws said:

I think it's SUPER generic and pretty lame to be honest. 

BUT glad they put up some banner rather than none...

It is way better than some previous banners. Besides the banners for Banshee and Orion, most years, the banners have just included advertisements for meal plans and FunPix. Even in 2017 when Mystic Timbers opened, only one-third of the banner space was dedicated to the new ride. The rest was just advertisements. This 50th anniversary banner looks way better in comparison to past entrance banners at Kings Island.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, rlentless said:

I thought it would be nice to put up a plague or sign at the location of each defunct ride.  Just give name, some history and facts.  Maybe include some pictures.

Aren't we good with the plague we're working our way out of now?  How about we settle for a plaque?  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2022 at 9:38 AM, Waltny said:

How would sharing this, which is in plain view sight of everyone traveling along Kings Island drive and perhaps some on the I71 northbound any different than you posting the picture of the sign out front the entrance getting some work? 

I didn’t know if it was taken illegally or not. Now I know it wasn’t. That’s why it’s fine. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I actually love the banner. I hope they do full banners in the future instead of multiple smaller ones. It gives the entrance a lot more sleeker look in my opinion.

How about no banner and a return of the international flagpoles/flags?

• Like 2