Regarding the Son of Beast Station

2 hours ago, matt112986 said:

He asked for a source on The Bat not Vortex. You don't know when it will reach the end of it's service life or if that will be the stated reason for closure. Unless you have a source to prove otherwise.

Arrow Dynamics roller coaster's service life is 32 years according to Don Helbig, so The Bat which is an Arrow Dynamics roller coaster will reach the end of it's service life in 3 years.

• Like 1

Imagine if a Son of Beast reboot actually were to happen. The storyline could be a fun one with him being gone since 2009, found in the wild and recaptured, coming back with an even greater ferocity to be free again after having a taste of it for the last 13 years ( tack on more years to that if a resurrection were to come to life ). 

This of course pertains to if they decided to use the old station for a resurrection or if they decide to use it for anything at all other than a haunt. 

I suppose only time will tell if it will always stand as a reminder of what was or if it will ever be home to something incredible. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Dan said:

Arrow Dynamics roller coaster's service life is 32 years according to Don Helbig, so The Bat which is an Arrow Dynamics roller coaster will reach the end of it's service life in 3 years.

It depends on the track layout and forces it takes. Corkscrew at CP is still going strong, but it's not even half the coaster Vortex was for intensity's sake. Mechanical engineering seldomly has universal metrics between vastly differing machines. Vortex was very large and produced a lot of g-force. It was only going to last so long before it tore itself apart.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PKIDelirium said:

Lousy location aside, it's not even a good station. It's just a high-off-the-ground bunch of steel and concrete with chain link around the platform.

I could see it torn down soon and make way for a whole revamp to that area of the park, that's what needs work the most in Action Zone. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, purdude86 said:

I agree. It would probably need too much work and would limit them, even if only minimally, on layouts. Given how long it has sat there unused besides Haunt I feel it would probably need too much work to reuse for something as intensive as a coaster station and as you mentioned there is nothing special about the station itself to make it worth keeping. I do however think that they would easily build something there with both Bat and Banshee if they wanted, Bat gets pretty low at that turnaround so you could easily have a lift hill go over it and then have a break run/return track come back between Bat and Banshee. This layout could still work even with the SoB station.

As for The Vortex station, I do wish they had kept it as it was iconic. I hope that if they do build a new coaster there they recreate the station building or something similar to it.

I mean if for some reason The Bat did get replaced (hopefully never! Long live Top Gun!)I could see reusing the sotb station if it's actually still intact. 

I wouldn't put it past them to still have The Vortex station in storage somewhere in different pieces. It might resurface at some point. I mean the Skylab booth resurfaced as a prop in the Orion que line...why they had been hanging onto that for all those years who knows! 

• Like 3

On 6/24/2022 at 12:10 AM, johnjniehaus said:

I mean if for some reason The Bat did get replaced (hopefully never! Long live Top Gun!)I could see reusing the sotb station if it's actually still intact. 

I wouldn't put it past them to still have The Vortex station in storage somewhere in different pieces. It might resurface at some point. I mean the Skylab booth resurfaced as a prop in the Orion que line...why they had been hanging onto that for all those years who knows! 

Where in line is it located? That's pretty cool!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Do you think it would be a money maker? The amount of SOB fans might not be a very big base. 

Of course it would make money.  The park still markets this ride in spite of so many saying that the park does not want any mention of the ride being uttered.

Posters, t-shirts, stickers.  A memorial.  And on and on.  

I don't think the people who would buy most of the remnants would be fans, as those are few and far between, but rather fans of the memory/nostalgia of the ride.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I would totally purchase a SoB pen or bottle opener made of the old leftover wood. I'm still incredibly proud of my piece of track that I purchased back in 2012, so having something cool made from the leftover wood I'd appreciate as a bonus piece. 

Also, my brain immediately went into thinking how rough that small section of leftover wooden track inside the station would feel going over it after all these years! <_< not that it was much smoother when maintained, but still. On that note, my final ride on in I remember it being one of the best rides I had ever had on it and a week or two later he was shut down forever from the injury claims.

• Like 7

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2023 at 9:40 PM, Shawn Meyer said:

This is old news here, but has anything been mentioned about the SOB station/wolf pack area? There was rumors during haunt that it was possibly coming down this off-season.

On 11/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, PKIDelirium said:

It'd be nice to get that eyesore out of there once and for all. With it no longer being used as a Haunt location, there's simply no reason for it to stay.

theoden.gif

• Like 4