2022 Dining Plan Items

BoddaH1994

Cedar Point has already said they are getting rid of Subway and replacing it with Derby Dogs.  I was wondering if that was a Cedar Fair wide thing or just CP.  From the look of the link it looks like Subway will still be at KI.  Good to know.

2 hours ago, robintodd said:

Cedar Point has already said they are getting rid of Subway and replacing it with Derby Dogs.  I was wondering if that was a Cedar Fair wide thing or just CP.  From the look of the link it looks like Subway will still be at KI.  Good to know.

And that Tom & Chee is back. 

3 hours ago, robintodd said:

My sister is working at Coney Subway this year so it is definitely going to still be here. Now for the future, IDK. I definitely think we'll start seeing the chain restauarants (except Larosas and Skyline as those are Cincy staples) start to disappear at the park and be replaced with the park's own versions of them and park originals.

17 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

My sister is working at Coney Subway this year so it is definitely going to still be here. Now for the future, IDK. I definitely think we'll start seeing the chain restauarants (except Larosas and Skyline as those are Cincy staples) start to disappear at the park and be replaced with the park's own versions of them and park originals.

I think you're right but also would include Greaters.

I never saw the appeal of spending double the amount of money for a bland sandwich in park than out of park.  Same thing with Chic-Fil-A.  I guess since they are familiar and have a fan base, but it doesn't make financial sense to me, especially when there are other choices.  That's not to disparage Chic-Fil-A or Subway as I eat them outside the park from time to time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I never saw the appeal of spending double the amount of money for a bland sandwich in park than out of park.  Same thing with Chic-Fil-A.  I guess since they are familiar and have a fan base, but it doesn't make financial sense to me, especially when there are other choices.  That's not to disparage Chic-Fil-A or Subway as I eat them outside the park from time to time.

Too be fair, Chick Fil A, is probably the most consistent with food quality and service than most if not all of the other food options within the park. When you’re paying park prices on food it’s nice to know and come to expect what you’re getting for your money. Chick Fil A does that. Getting Chilli Cheese Crinkle cut fries at Skyline is like playing Russian roulette, and yes I like to live dangerously for a unique fry that can only be found at Kings Island Skylines!

• Like 1

If the park had quality food, they wouldn’t have the franchises in there. IMO.  But then there is LaRosas and Skyline, which is some of the worst food on the planet.    Which contradicts that theory!

Honestly if it wasn’t for the cheap season meal plan and the recently added vegan options, I would never eat at the park.   The food is that bad and way overpriced.    And easy cheaper options outside the gate on Kings Mills Rd 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The vast majority of food we get in the park is out of those two chains. If they drop those even with "park versions" I'd probably drop at least one of my three dining plans.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, Tr0y said:

Too be fair, Chick Fil A, is probably the most consistent with food quality and service than most if not all of the other food options within the park. When you’re paying park prices on food it’s nice to know and come to expect what you’re getting for your money. Chick Fil A does that. Getting Chilli Cheese Crinkle cut fries at Skyline is like playing Russian roulette, and yes I like to live dangerously for a unique fry that can only be found at Kings Island Skylines!

I think there is still supply chain issues.  I notice this at restraunts near me that sometimes the product is different.  Different chicken wings, different fries ect.  I notice it more at non-chain restraunts.