Season Pass Perks and Add-ons

Dio daGoat

Hi all,

I grew up in Ohio and went to KI (and Cedar Point) since the early 80s. Last year I came back to Ohio and went to Winterfest a couple times and fell in love again. I picked up a new Gold Pass and am considering the season drink pass, but had a few questions.

• Is there still a coupon book? Does it include bring-a-friend coupons?
    • How many and are they only for certain days?
  • What beverages does the drink pass get you?
    • Can you only use it at the stand-alone drink sections, or can you use it inside other restaurants? Any you can't use it in?
    • Is it usable for fall/winter as well?
    • If so, can you use it for cider and hot chocolate?

Sorry if this info was else where. I did a search but no luck.

Any other tips people have for someone wanting to rediscover Kings Island?

17 minutes ago, Dio daGoat said:

Hi all,

I grew up in Ohio and went to KI (and Cedar Point) since the early 80s. Last year I came back to Ohio and went to Winterfest a couple times and fell in love again. I picked up a new Gold Pass and am considering the season drink pass, but had a few questions.

• Is there still a coupon book? Does it include bring-a-friend coupons?
    • How many and are they only for certain days?
  • What beverages does the drink pass get you?
    • Can you only use it at the stand-alone drink sections, or can you use it inside other restaurants? Any you can't use it in?
    • Is it usable for fall/winter as well?
    • If so, can you use it for cider and hot chocolate?

Sorry if this info was else where. I did a search but no luck.

Any other tips people have for someone wanting to rediscover Kings Island?

You can order bring a friend tickets online or with the app. You're supposed to be limited to 4 guests per visit and you're supposed to be there with your guests and those are the only restrictions I know of (and they don't really seem to enforce either of those).

The drink plan gets you soft drinks. Coke products. You can use them in at the fountain drink locations, freestyle locations and all of the restaurants. Pretty much any place in the park with Coke fountain machines. It does include fall and winterfest.

As far as I know it is not good for hot chocolate, cider, alcohol, etc

You get a choice between the regular drink plan (paper cups) or the season long souvenir cup. I stick with the drink plan because you can't get in line for Mystic Timbers, Orion or Banshee with a souvenir cup (no bins in the station).

3 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

You can order bring a friend tickets online or with the app. You're supposed to be limited for 4 per visit and you're supposed to be there with your guests and those are the only restrictions I know of (and they don't really seem to enforce either of those).

The drink plan gets you soft drinks. Coke products. You can use them in at the fountain drink locations, freestyle locations and all of the restaurants. It does include halloween and winterfest.
As far as I know it is not good for hot chocolate, cider, alcohol, etc

You get a choice between the regular drink plan (paper cups) or the season long souvenir cup. I stick with the drink plan because you can't get in line for Mystic Timbers, Orion or Banshee with a souvenir cup (no bins in the station).

Thank you for the quick answers! Sad it's not for hot beverages in winter, but I'll still take it for the soft drinks and hopefully water.

The bring a friend coupons used to be free, the ones online are like $40. Have they done away with the old freebies and coupon book then?