Ride Wait Times 2022 Season

IndyGuy4KI

Just a quick note to say that the Orion team is really 110% on it this evening.  Watching the webcam, it seriously looks like watching a Coaster Dynamix set running, there is always a train active on the tracks, and train 3 never stops moving until it enters the station.  I know it looks to be a walk on right now, but it REALLY shows how much the riders themselves affect RPH.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, IBEW_Sparky said:

Just a quick note to say that the Orion team is really 110% on it this evening.  Watching the webcam, it seriously looks like watching a Coaster Dynamix set running, there is always a train active on the tracks, and train 3 never stops moving until it enters the station.  I know it looks to be a walk on right now, but it REALLY shows how much the riders themselves affect RPH.  

This summer they have had incredible operations on Orion it is insane how fast they send them out! Keep up the amazing work Orion team!

Also I have a question, when you sit on the far two seats on Orion for front row they had to hold up the seat belts for you to sit and they don’t look like they have the magnetic retracting on them of what I can see.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Orion742 said:

This summer they have had incredible operations on Orion it is insane how fast they send them out! Keep up the amazing work Orion team!

Also I have a question, when you sit on the far two seats on Orion for front row they had to hold up the seat belts for you to sit and they don’t look like they have the magnetic retracting on them of what I can see.

The reason the ride operators on Orion will lift the seatbelts out is to make it easier to get guests buckled quickly. It prevents guests from sitting on the seatbelts before getting buckled.

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

The reason the ride operators on Orion will lift the seatbelts out is to make it easier to get guests buckled quickly. It prevents guests from sitting on the seatbelts before getting buckled.

Ok thanks one more question, you mentioned it prevents guests from sitting in seat belts but doesn’t Orion have the magnetic retraction on them so they retract after you un clip the buckle?

Shoutout to Diamondback crew today for dispatching trains before the one on the course even hits the MCBR!!! Have been doing this the past half hour and are still at it!

Great work to all who are on that team, that's hard to do!! Wait is moving incredibly fast with these awesome operations! 

• Like 3

Haven’t ridden a ton, but according to the app, lines look long-ish today. 
Phantom’s wait is ~30 mins (until showtime, that is :P).

In all seriousness, Bat was probably less than an hour, despite one train ops. And Banshee was a walk-on (as I won a Front-Of-The-Line pass at the wheel in AZ; my other ride was Diamondback…)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Orion742 said:

Ok thanks one more question, you mentioned it prevents guests from sitting in seat belts but doesn’t Orion have the magnetic retraction on them so they retract after you un clip the buckle?

Orion’s seatbelts do retract. The operators usually pull out the seatbelts to get the riders buckled in faster. It is faster for the operators to buckle the riders in themselves or simply hand the riders the buckles rather than the riders having to reach for their buckles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

lol thats all the fun tv's where have you been? 

I mean yeah I know. But at least most of them are already in unthemed queue lines. Boo Blasters has a semi themed queue, meanwhile an ad for Buzz Ballz is blasting in the background.

Went to the park this evening and it was pretty crowded.  The weather was great all day, so I was not too surprised.  All the big coasters had waits of 30 minutes or more.  We rode Racer (which was around a 10 minute wait) and a bunch of flat rides (Viking Fury, Zephyr, Shake Rattle and Roll). 

At 8pm one side of Racer was promptly closed.  One thing I noticed about the Kings Island app is that it showed Racer as "Closed" when it was actually running one side only.  The same was also true of Kite Eating Tree over in Planet Snoopy which was also running just one side. 

Race For Your Life Log Flume still had a wait of about 20 minutes just before 9pm. 

We left at 9:30.  On the way out, Invertigo was stuck on its second lift with riders on board and a maintenance worker on the stairs above the lift.  That seems like a not-so-fun situation to be in.

• Like 5

Kings Island is not very crowded today probably due to the forecasted rain. While it is raining and lines are short, I am surprised that some rollercoasters are running two trains instead of the usual three trains.

I always liked how Kings Island would run all three trains on the high capacity rides like Diamondback and Orion regardless of day of the week and crowd level. While waits are not going to be super high today regardless, it is a little sad to see Kings Island not running all trains.

On dead, rainy days just earlier this year, Kings Island would be running all trains on every ride and operations were amazing. It was really amazing to see that Kings Island cared so much to run rides at max efficiency when the crowds didn’t warrant it. It showed that they really cared. Now I know Kings Island sometimes shortens the train on the KI & Miami River Railroad on rainy days and closes a side of The Racer, but I have never seen less trains on major rides before.

• Like 1

Went to the park this evening and it was great weather and pretty much empty.  Mystic Timbers and Beast were both a 10 minute wait.  Both were running 3 trains.  Backlot was 15 minutes only running the red and blue trains.  The white train was on the transfer with the back car fairly disassembled. 

Everything else appeared to be running with the exception of Drop Tower.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Rallyomalley said:

Little weird that Diamondback has all the trains in storage on the last ride night of the regular season.

Well they did have one train stuck on the MCBR for most of the day, so obviously something that they need to address and maybe didn't have the part available.....

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Well they did have one train stuck on the MCBR for most of the day, so obviously something that they need to address and maybe didn't have the part available.....

I have been watching it most of the day. They were first late to test the ride, got two trains on the track, then it was stopped for hours until they sent a train around and plopped it into storage. (Around 1:15pm) The last train sat in the station until around 6:30pm when it was sent off but at an incredibly slow speed. Took 20-30m to climb the lift. I kid you not this was incredibly slow. Thought it wasn’t moving at all until I looked closed and saw it slowly moving up a pixel or two every so often. 

It hit the MCBR and was stopped there until 7:30pm-ish when it was sent off and then put back in storage. 

Possible lift motor issues? It did get its chain replaced in the offseason.

Curious to know if it’ll be open tomorrow.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

I have been watching it most of the day. They were first late to test the ride, got two trains on the track, then it was stopped for hours until they sent a train around and plopped it into storage. (Around 1:15pm) The last train sat in the station until around 6:30pm when it was sent off but at an incredibly slow speed. Took 20-30m to climb the lift. I kid you not this was incredibly slow. Thought it wasn’t moving at all until I looked closed and saw it slowly moving up a pixel or two every so often. 

It hit the MCBR and was stopped there until 7:30pm-ish when it was sent off and then put back in storage. 

Possible lift motor issues? It did get its chain replaced in the offseason.

Curious to know if it’ll be open tomorrow.

As of 9:23 am All 3 trains are running on Diamondback.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic