Ride Wait Times 2022 Season

IndyGuy4KI

Please use this thread to update wait times for the 2022 season!

Please remember a ride going down is normal and it's okay to report, but please don't post "Riders are stuck on the lift hill of DB." A vague statement like that is not helpful and that is when the media starts calling the park.

We can not wait to get the 50th Anniversary season underway in 2022! The KIC Admin looks forward to seeing everyone at the park on Season Pass holder day and opening day next week.

The KIC Admin Team

PXL_20210623_200614011.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Backlot has a full queue.

PXL_20220415_173916013.jpg

Holy cow! That’s quite a line. I’m not surprised though, that’s a good family coaster.

Is Adventure Express open? 
A different question, what rides have you managed to get on so far? 

can i just say, thank you so much for bringing these preview day updates, guys. these past 2 years have felt really "off" with Kings Island, because of covid and such- felt like it was losing popularity. these pictures are throwing me straight back to pre-2020 when Kings Island was full of life and its making me very happy

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

can i just say, thank you so much for bringing these preview day updates, guys. these past 2 years have felt really "off" with Kings Island, because of covid and such- felt like it was losing popularity. these pictures are throwing me straight back to pre-2020 when Kings Island was full of life and its making me very happy

One of the reasons KIC exists! We are glad your enjoyed it!

17 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Major props to The Racer crew today!!  Entered the line in a full queue, on the platform in 10 minutes!!

I found the TOTAL OPPOSITE of The Racer crew at 1:30pm.  The left side turnstiles were full and it took over 30 min to get on.  They were dispatching trains at LEAST 4min apart (I timed it several times). Many times it was 5min. The "GateKeeper" who lets you up on the loading platform would only let the next group in after "the gates are closing" announcement (so you couldn't just grab an empty row on the previous train because it was too late) AND on top of that wasn't counting people!  So 1/3 of the rows would be EMPTY on most trains!  They had PLENTY of workers on the platform for seatbelts and checks (and managers standing around) but no one would yell down and tell him to let more people in to fill in the empty rows!   If they would just let more people up there than it holds (like double the amount) the problem fixes itself because people say "oh look!  We can get on NOW if we go in that row!"   They didn't care at all about moving the line.  It's such stark contrast to Orion or Banshee, etc where they are TIMED on how fast they can dispatch.  

I will say The Racer looked GREAT!  (except there's still a lot to paint after the split) and it is INSANELY smoother/better than it was before the retrack!!   I HOPE The Beast TURNS OUT THAT SMOOTH!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Driver8rws said:

I found the TOTAL OPPOSITE of The Racer crew at 1:30pm.  The left side turnstiles were full and it took over 30 min to get on.  They were dispatching trains at LEAST 4min apart (I timed it several times). Many times it was 5min. The "GateKeeper" who lets you up on the loading platform would only let the next group in after "the gates are closing" announcement (so you couldn't just grab an empty row on the previous train because it was too late) AND on top of that wasn't counting people!  So 1/3 of the rows would be EMPTY on most trains!  They had PLENTY of workers on the platform for seatbelts and checks (and managers standing around) but no one would yell down and tell him to let more people in to fill in the empty rows!   If they would just let more people up there than it holds (like double the amount) the problem fixes itself because people say "oh look!  We can get on NOW if we go in that row!"   They didn't care at all about moving the line.  It's such stark contrast to Orion or Banshee, etc where they are TIMED on how fast they can dispatch.  

I will say The Racer looked GREAT!  (except there's still a lot to paint after the split) and it is INSANELY smoother/better than it was before the retrack!!   I HOPE The Beast TURNS OUT THAT SMOOTH!!! 

The Banshee line was going by so quickly this morning! The staff was moving so quickly and the ride line took like 15 minutes. This also maybe due to the fact that there aren’t that many people here though. Either way, props to all the staff!

• Like 1

Anyone happen to know the reason why they weren't reporting actual wait times this weekend (including preview day)? App usually shows that but it was just showing rides as Open or Closed (Down).

Might be technical difficulties, but it's hard to tell given their backend API for the app is just saying 0 minutes for all rides that are open.

1 hour ago, Coasterteam said:

Anyone happen to know the reason why they weren't reporting actual wait times this weekend (including preview day)?

Sticking with tradition maybe? The wait times feature is absolute trash. I've never experienced it to be remotely accurate. I don't know why they bother with it.

Regardless, it wasn't needed today. We arrived at the parking lot at 4:30. Rode Woodstock Express, Mystic Timbers, Racer (twice), bumper cars, Orion (twice, front and back row), Banshee, and Invertigo. Great day to be at the park!

8 minutes ago, shadowscare said:

Sticking with tradition maybe? The wait times feature is absolute trash. I've never experienced it to be remotely accurate. I don't know why they bother with it.

Regardless, it wasn't needed today. We arrived at the parking lot at 4:30. Rode Woodstock Express, Mystic Timbers, Racer (twice), bumper cars, Orion (twice, front and back row), Banshee, and Invertigo. Great day to be at the park!

Honestly, I found the wait times to work decently last year except during Haunt and Winterfest.

• IndyGuy4KI unfeatured and unpinned this topic