Repurposing the Lion Country Safari Land

CorkscrewMcPuke

LCS Construction  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As many of you are aware, there is a wide tract of land that was left behind by the former animal watching exhibit Lion Country Safari. This area is now quite overgrown and still contains some of the original structures that housed the animals. It's an obvious choice for future expansion of the park, but I'm wondering what sort of plans could be had for such a large space.

I voted for a walkthrough attraction. I've been back there as an employee and I think that the untouched, overgrown wilderness is fascinating. If there were someway to get people back there (like a monorail or a walking path), that would be really cool.

Fun Fact: When in line for Wolf Pack, if you look towards Banshee, you can see some of that land straight ahead (it also provides a cool view of The Bat if you look around). If you do want to see the wilderness, make sure you get in line before the sun sets so you can see that land in all its glory.

• Like 2

I like the walkthrough attraction idea with walking paths.  But I voted for a new section of the park that would include the river.  Not sure how worried we need to be about flooding or if you can see houses on the other side.  But I would like new true Rivertown section with shops, restaurants, rides, zip lines, walking trails, etc..  Yes, someday a roller coaster on the river's edge.

For a walkthrough attraction, we'd need a way to get all the way back there. That would be a long narrow walk there. Plus if you take into account needing extra labor for ways to attract people back there and other business reasons, I think it would make more sense to have a giant coaster start either at the SOB station or in the area between AE and FOF and go back and use that land. 

• Like 1

I feel that with the size of the area a new land would be best. The biggest concerns for it I think would be getting a path back to there and the cost of opening an entire new land. Imagine it would go like Area 72 where it might start as a subsection on AZ before becoming it's own area. Though hopefully they do a flat ride package to get more stuff there quicker. Start with a signature coaster to draw people back to it, then a few flats to flesh it out.