Think we will see teasing in 2022?

kissfan4

So with opening week upon us, I cant help but wonder if we will see teasing later this season for a new attraction in 2023. I know the past couple of years have been tough on the park, and the industry in general, but could we be looking at a new ride/rides for 2023? Its always fun to think about.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

So with opening week upon us, I cant help but wonder if we will see teasing later this season for a new attraction in 2023. I know the past couple of years have been tough on the park, and the industry in general, but could we be looking at a new ride/rides for 2023? Its always fun to think about.

Unless there is land clearing and is blatantly obvious, I would assume anything new would not be teased until passes start going on sale for 2023. I don't think they will want to take away from the 50th-anniversary celebration.

• Like 5

If there is to be a new coaster installed (I doubt it) in 2023 I imagine we will see signs right away.  Maybe since The Vortex plot has been mostly cleared they could hold off on a coaster in that spot for a bit longer, not sure what is the latest they could possibly start something in that area.

Anyhoo, I went to go look at the webcams (not that I expected to see anything) and saw that they are off line.  Its been a long while since I've bothered to look at them so perhaps they have been offline for a year + or its just an off season thing or whatever... just something that made me go "hmmmmm....."

At any rate, I kind of expect any 2023 improvements to be either in Planet Snoopy or in the water park.  Wouldn't mind a new coaster obviously, just not counting on it.

• Like 3

I am expecting more improvements in other sections of park.  I am blown away by the improvements they made for this season.  That being said, I am hoping in 2022 or 2023 we get an announcement of a new attraction in The Vortex spot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, medford said:

If there is to be a new coaster installed (I doubt it) in 2023 I imagine we will see signs right away.  Maybe since The Vortex plot has been mostly cleared they could hold off on a coaster in that spot for a bit longer, not sure what is the latest they could possibly start something in that area.

Anyhoo, I went to go look at the webcams (not that I expected to see anything) and saw that they are off line.  Its been a long while since I've bothered to look at them so perhaps they have been offline for a year + or its just an off season thing or whatever... just something that made me go "hmmmmm....."

At any rate, I kind of expect any 2023 improvements to be either in Planet Snoopy or in the water park.  Wouldn't mind a new coaster obviously, just not counting on it.

I hope they keep up with this spree of improving current infrastructure, it's really awesome seeing them re-investing in areas of the park that needs it and into rides. Beast, Racer, Backlot, Adventure Express, Drop Tower, etc 

Rather than getting some brand new ride, the money is spreading around the park rather than one specific area 

• Like 2

I'm honestly expecting some sort of new ride next year. Park improvements like we saw this off season are nice, but I don't think we should ride on park improvements for 3 straight years. I think we should get a new ride of some type along with general park improvements. It can even be a small family ride or a slide in Soak City, but I think a new ride is coming next year. What type? Idk and I have absolutely no inside information. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm honestly expecting some sort of new ride next year. Park improvements like we saw this off season are nice, but I don't think we should ride on park improvements for 3 straight years. I think we should get a new ride of some type along with general park improvements. It can even be a small family ride or a slide in Soak City, but I think a new ride is coming next year. What type? Idk and I have absolutely no inside information. 

I'd love a new flat, between thrill and family. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't expect a new coaster for 2023 as we are the latest park to get a major coaster (Tumbili isn't major). I think a new flat ride is what I have my money on for next year. Probably in Action Zone. Or I could see a Planet Snoopy expansion or something in Soak City. 

This is what I am expecting too. We could definitely use more flat rides as well more than coasters at the moment. As mentioned since we recently got a major coaster I don't see that as our next addition, but coudl see either a major flat ride or a smaller ride package for next year. This can be constructed fairly quickly and don't require tons of ground work, so they can hold off on construction until later in the season, or all off season, and not need to tease it through the year. With it being the 50th I expect focus will be on that all season and then in the fall they will tease/announce an addition for next year.

I could see a potential new coaster for the next year as it would be 4 years since Orion at that point, but wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one until 2025.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 4:24 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Sometimes a surprise, when you walk into the park, is nice. That might be why the webcams are not active on the KI website yet. I know we are all chomping at the bit, but let's save some mystery for opening day!

I agree. I don't really care what it is!:D

As much as I love new coasters, I really want to see Planet Snoopy gets some love I am hopeful that some love is on the way soon in the form at a retheme, but I have to admit, I kind of think Flying Ace Aeriel Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, and SurfDog getting repainted are not good signs for a retheme. Planet Snoopy just looks kind of tacky and dated right now.

I was going though my footage from opening day and noticed something odd on one of Banshees supports. Has the C17R always been printed on this support because I went back to previous seasons videos and could not see it. Could this be teasing something in Action Zone?

Screenshot_20220417-074737_Gallery.jpg

20220417_080000.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/15/2022 at 8:16 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am hoping for a Legacy Walk in Tower Gardens!

My thought as well. Where as they can't use the paramount branded side, they could use the blank side and etch facts, etc. on them.  Would be a great cheap way to honor the 50th.

34 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah I have heard rumblings in the past that they could put a VIP lounge in the grass area near Diamondback's brake shed as well as the International Restaurant. Don't quote me on that though as it was just an idea brought up in conversations. 

The grass area behind Diamondback’s brake shed would be a great VIP location as it is in less busy area of the park and does not get in the way of anything else. That area in general could be a good festival area in the future.

• Like 1