Kings Island 2022 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

On 4/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, ROBBE1 said:

Did anyone else have an issue using their meal/drink plan Friday?  I purchased the soft cup year drink plan at the kiosk at the Front Gate, and when I went to use it a few hours later they said it was not on my pass.  My friend also had this issue.  I still don't have the plan showing on my pass.  Anyone else have this issue?  I emailed Kings Island through the website because the line to Guest Services was so long when I left.  Still no response from KI, probably because they got hammered with requests.

I bought my platinum pass at Kings Dominion at the beginning of the year with dining and drink.  

I used it at KD that weekend and Carowinds the next weekend.   They gave me a new pass card, so it was definitely the one that was used in Jan. 

At KI last weekend my drink plan was showing up invalid.   It had something on the screen that it was fir limited dates or something like that. 

I went to guest relations, showed them my credit card charge from Jan and they fixed it.   It worked after that. 

• Like 1

The ham and cheddar sandwich from the French Bistro really is banging. The Italian slaw is pretty good as well, not mayo based instead Italian dressing, like a small salad.

I didn't care for the burnt ends, the bbq sauce is just too much.

That's been our experience with many Sweet Spot items. They tend to have a great "curb appeal" in that items look really rich and tasty but most of the time the product itself is often dry and lacking flavor. We're still excited to try more of the Golden Celebration offerings though.

1 hour ago, Timchat2 said:

That's been our experience with many Sweet Spot items. They tend to have a great "curb appeal" in that items look really rich and tasty but most of the time the product itself is often dry and lacking flavor. We're still excited to try more of the Golden Celebration offerings though.

Do try the Oreo brownie trifle. That is delicious!

• Like 1

I enjoyed a to go Italian croissant with potato salad yesterday at the French Corner. Last year, I was a little disappointed with the French Corner. Hopefully menu items have improved, because I prefer smaller yet more tasty portion sizes.

I enjoyed a to go Italian croissant with potato salad yesterday at the French Corner. Last year, I was a little disappointed with the French Corner. Hopefully menu items have improved, because I prefer smaller yet more tasty portion sizes.

e602a854636c302512f97cf978cce70d.jpg

I really enjoy French quarter when I’m looking for something lighter. Although the potatoes were not cooked enough and were still a little crunchy, so I’ll probably try a different side next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ef9e77f9a2f48d6e5383764acab4b386.jpg

Tried French quarter again.
Pro - asked for lettuce on the Sammy and they delivered.
Con- as bad as the undercooked potato side was, the “Italian slaw” was inedible. I like vinegar based slaw… but this was white cabbage in Italian dressing. Hard pass.

Guess I’ll try the pasta salad next time.

Bring back the potato straws.

I tried the cinnamon bread at the French Corner. After having eaten both Kings Island’s and Dollywood’s within a few days of each other I can tell you that Kings Island’s does not even sit on the same shelf as Dollywood’s. Dolly’s was soft and each bite was a steaming peace of heaven in your mouth. Kings Island’s was good, but it was dry. I know it was fresh because it was hot. Dolly’s bread stands alone, but everyone in my group was using the icing to counter the fact that the bread was dry. It was good, but certainly nothing to write home about. 
012DA7BE-A5B4-4F98-93D0-00374A387868.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I tried the cinnamon bread at the French Corner. After having eaten both Kings Island’s and Dollywood’s within a few days of each other I can tell you that Kings Island’s does not even sit on the same shelf as Dollywood’s. Dolly’s was soft and each bite was a steaming peace of heaven in your mouth. Kings Island’s was good, but it was dry. I know it was fresh because it was hot. Dolly’s bread stands alone, but everyone in my group was using the icing to counter the fact that the bread was dry. It was good, but certainly nothing to write home about. 
012DA7BE-A5B4-4F98-93D0-00374A387868.jpeg

But it is world famous.  Says so right on the menu....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Kings Island’s was good, but it was dry. I know it was fresh because it was hot.

Last year Kings Island stored the bread in a warming box.  This insures everyone gets a warm loaf, but could dry out the bread over time.  I have not even been inside the French Corner yet this year, but I assume they are still doing this.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, FEARSOMERIDER said:

We paid $6.77 after taxes and discount at KK for a loaf of Cinamon bread  Seems KI's version is

pretty expensive by comparison.

Wait??? KK has Dollywood cinnamon bread? I’m torn between ready to drive down, and depressed the uniqueness is gone. 

Wait??? KK has Dollywood cinnamon bread? I’m torn between ready to drive down, and depressed the uniqueness is gone. 

Yes. KK has added a cinnamon bread location… just like KI now (or usually) offers cinnamon bread in French corner.

Neither are as good as Dollywood.

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

It's not quite the same, at least when I tried it last year.  Very good, but the sales volume hasn't been built up like DW over the years.  It was slightly dry.  The bourbon glaze, however, is out of this world!

28 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

It's not quite the same, at least when I tried it last year.  Very good, but the sales volume hasn't been built up like DW over the years.  It was slightly dry.  The bourbon glaze, however, is out of this world!

I thought the glaze was meh. Not bad. Not great. I encourage all of you to try it for yourself to draw your own opinions. For me, it’s not like it was gross, but it was not a, “You HAVE to try this!” thing like Dollywood’s. 

• Like 1

Picked up the brownie and the chocolate chip cookie yesterday. Brown was good, not mind-blowing. The chocolate chip cookie was, however, mind-blowing! It had so many chocolate chips that it was gooey in the middle for just that reason alone. I would HIGHLY recommend it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...