Kings Island 2022 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

Got the zodiac burrito today.
The concept works… rice has decent teriyaki flavor. But I’d probably want more stir fried veggies or something in it, as it has a mush texture.

The inclusion of chips and one side (Like guac) was nice. Glad I tried it. Would not get again.

Maybe I’ll do the mole meat balls next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Any word on of the food truck will return? I was out of town that weekend…

Keep an eye on the blog.  Last weekend it was in Timberwolf (not sure if meal plan works when it's there or not).  I would expect the food truck back this weekend in the park and then back in timberwolf the week after for Daryl Hall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

44f9c7b57943f8ef4686613e0e088c46.jpg
Juke box??? More like puke box!
This thing was still mooing emoji230.png

My kid barfed after eating only a few bites of this.

Jukebox needs to go. To be honest the food this season hasn’t tasted as good as previous years.

Could anyone explain the reason why the special 50th anniversary items can't have ANY substitutions? I tried to get a beast burger w.o lettuce and tomato and a zodiac burrito with no shrimp (for a veggie to try) and they were like very adament and hard "no's" but I don't understand why? Especially since  both places these items are at are very customizable with their menu usually. Instead it just adds to food waste because people will just order the items and immediately trash what they didn't want. It just seems a little strange to not even allow someone to not have lettuce on a burger.

Edited by CynaB
Typos

8 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

Been there done that.    Tried twice and the first time I emailed  KI.  They said it is how the chef wants it.  FYI,  the Jukebox is the only place that wont let you customize and that has been noted on several facebook groups.... NO IDEA.   Very silly

Strange! I go yearly and I've almost always been able to customize there. Actually, the cashier asked the person in front of me if they wanted all the toppings. The previous night I got the Banshee dog but they ran out of chili and so I asked if I could just have it without the chili and they said yes, so I was very confused.

No offense to the chef, but they're losing out on massive sales by cutting out various demographics from trying their special fare when they don't allow people to choose how they eat their food. Obviously a lot of customization requests are set to cater to allergens, dietary restrictions, or in some cases belief systems and are not super difficult/annoying (I.e someone who can't eat cheese due to lactose intolerance or a vegetarian eho wants the item sans meat). It would be different if I were to ask for a Flying Dutchman (the fried pickle) sans pickle or coating, Because it's the entire item!

On 8/10/2022 at 7:58 PM, BeeastFarmer said:
I rarely eat at Juke Box, but had a good experience this year with The Beast Burger.  I am very picky about meat being cremated and mine was well done.  
[mention=9997]chuck norris[/mention], did they replace the meal and if not, did you go to Guest Services?

To be fair, I believe they would have. But we got the burger for my son, and walked it to the fest haus to eat. The inside was cold/icy… so it would have been very easy to take it back… but we were fast enough away and I wasn’t going to use my meal anyway, so I just got my son food with my dining plan.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:16 PM, CynaB said:
Could anyone explain the reason why the special 50th anniversary items can't have ANY substitutions? I tried to get a beast burger w.o lettuce and tomato and a zodiac burrito with no shrimp (for a veggie to try) and they were like very adament and hard "no's" but I don't understand why? Especially since  both places these items are at are very customizable with their menu usually. Instead it just adds to food waste because people will just order the items and immediately trash what they didn't want. It just seems a little strange to not even allow someone to not have lettuce on a burger.

My understanding is that they want these items to “look” like the pictures. Although that doesn’t explain why the screaming demon wings usually don’t come with green onions on top.

The zodiac burrito makes sense, as those are premade and they don’t hit even have the ingredients used for it on the line.

The Beast burger doesn’t really make sense, as they make them to order. But I was not allowed to get mine without cheese.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chuck norris said:

c961bc2fc9ae69c7e5a102b721a2d60d.jpg

Food truck is back at Soak City.
Once again they didn’t announce it until the morning of… but it was excellent!

Come on now, you gotta give us all the details!  What are we looking at here?

Looks good!

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Starting to feel like I’m the only one excited about food options on here anymore…

But some new additions to the dining plans for haunt.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/september/foodie-guide-taste-the-flavors-of-fall-at-tricks-and-treats-fall-fest-at-kings-island

Nah. I'm always interested in food options even though I'm a picky eater who avoids a lot of things. Its just that the season is winding down and there isn't as much to talk about.

49 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

Starting to feel like I’m the only one excited about food options on here anymore…

But some new additions to the dining plans for haunt.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/september/foodie-guide-taste-the-flavors-of-fall-at-tricks-and-treats-fall-fest-at-kings-island

Big KI Foodie here.  Hopefully chef's plate will return next year!

• Like 2