Kings Island 2022 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

14 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The signs say till 8PM. I did not ask when I was at Chicken Shack if you could get The Bat wings.

Sign says it OPEN till 8 or that you can get the "Enhanced food options" till 8. Confused what they are selling when and where. Have dining plan and would like to use to try out some of this new items, but it is SUPER unclear if you can get on HAUNT nights or just Sat and Sunday 11-6

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

Sign says it OPEN till 8 or that you can get the "Enhanced food options" till 8. Confused what they are selling when and where. Have dining plan and would like to use to try out some of this new items, but it is SUPER unclear if you can get on HAUNT nights or just Sat and Sunday 11-6

Based on chatter elsewhere, it appears these are on available during the day.

18 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Some of the “treats” variety.

F7816699-E7F5-4DC5-BBDC-B3C360DABBE3.jpeg6FBE0421-031E-40DF-AA91-7F3056B8862D.jpegF4646216-B5D3-45C2-8ADB-CC89F7F1E37D.jpeg135D7AC5-2749-4C93-B44D-A87128140E2A.jpegF1D4DCB2-FDC6-405A-92F1-E401366FC51C.jpeg

The Bundt cakes with the worms and graves are my new favorite Sweet Spot items of all time. 

7EDF39DD-BE91-461E-BDF8-FF52FE2473C0.jpeg

I want to like their cupcakes but they are always dry -sometimes to the point of being like hard cornbread. Been disappointed every time this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

I want to like their cupcakes but they are always dry -sometimes to the point of being like hard cornbread. Been disappointed every time this year. 

Never tried the cupcakes. The Bundt cakes were excellent. The cookies are always great. The brownies always looked great but were dry. May have been the same problem. 

1 hour ago, KIEagle33 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that candy corn drink...

That wasn’t mine. That was my friend’s. He said he liked it, and he finished the drink, but didn’t exactly rave about it all night. I think he said it had the candy corn syrup in it. I suppose whether you’d like it or not really hinges on how you feel about candy corn. 

• Like 1

Had the cabbage rolls at the French Corner Sunday and they were on point!  Never seen nor expected to ever see cabbage rolls in a park but they pulled it off in a spectacular fashion.   Also, if you ask they have a plastic top to those trays so you can transport them home.  Fantastic job by Chef and his culinary team, I'm looking forward to trying more new offerings in the coming weeks.

On the fudge front, they have new flavors for haunt.  Sunday I noticed carrot cake, apple pie, vanilla with spider webs and orange and chocolate (Who Dey !).

There were some other new flavors as well but I can't remember them.  Congrats to sweet spot for keeping the fudge game fresh :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Is that a brownie,  Oreo or other flavor cookie?

It’s. Chocolate cookie! What’s weird is that some had a green filling and others didn’t. Me and my GF had a total of four over the weekend.  They’re always soft. I highly recommend! 

• Like 1

04C2BDE0-C4BB-4366-9E62-1CCB5BA5270D.jpeg

Shepherd’s Pie with sweet potatoes at the French corner was excellent. I’m fact, when we went in “just to look” a lady walking out told us to try it. Every once in a while you get this bite of buttery sweet potatoes. Heaven on earth!

966F75A8-A9E4-42FA-A0FE-624C251AA5D1.jpeg

Squash ravioli also at the French Corner was also very good! My gf was raving about how she wanted to get it again next visit. 

4AA0D457-E623-4923-AF5E-731D1ED31947.jpeg9F0B9B7E-F09F-4539-AB20-59FED27F9DEA.jpeg

The chocolate covered banana was awesome! We split it and it was still a good amount of food! For $5, it’s a steal!

• Like 2

The food this festival has been GREAT - actually this whole seAson, but this time of year I love fall foods and eliminating the "tasting size" concept has I think allowed them to explore some better rounded options. That said - I think the whole food aspect needs to be played up even more. Create areas with more "elevated" seating like carnivale and create mini festival zones wherever there are a few food options together that can (no pun intended) feed off each other - like the area between Rivertown potato and funnel cakes should feel really special with decor and entertainment - NOT the witch show, but local Indi music acts almost all day. Many of the food options are hard to find on the menu after you walk past the sign in the midway. they have TV menus - why not create special graphics that highlight the limited time offerings with random regular things. I get that pulling out all the food booths isnt practical this time of year, but it seems like 1-2 would be feasible and allow them to bring more food options together into fewer, centralized locations (like the one mentioned above, or the beer garden patio etc. 

Food can be a HUGE driver if they play it up even more. even if they could pull in some local vendors for ingredients to give a "farm to table" feel I think it would really tie into what motivated diners these days

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

New favorite Sweet Spot item: Witches’ Brew

B9778C2A-47BA-4126-B5B8-78387D7DCCF0.jpeg

Just tried one of these- so good! Mine only had 5 M&Ms on top. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, exactly how I like a cookie.  Flavor was very dark-chocolate-y. Like a brownie gave a cookie a chocolate hug. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Just tried one of these- so good! Mine only had 5 M&Ms on top. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, exactly how I like a cookie.  Flavor was very dark-chocolate-y. Like a brownie gave a cookie a chocolate hug. 

Did you have a green icing in the middle? It seems like it has that filling about half the time. It’s never exactly in the middle, and it’s never consistent. Very good, though!

• Like 1