Kings Island 2022 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Did you have a green icing in the middle? It seems like it has that filling about half the time. It’s never exactly in the middle, and it’s never consistent. Very good, though!

It had what I would call green residue on the bottom- like maybe it was in there and baked out or something. So no, no green filling was actually in there. 

• Like 1

Had Hank's for the first time tonight and it was good! Got a "bowl" (basically rice, meat (steak), cheese and salsa without the soft taco) + nachos/salsa and it was good. The only problem is, I couldn't eat both as the bowl was so big. Because of this, I finished some of bowl and ate all of the chips. I think if I eat there again (or if they have a similar menu as Enrique's), I'll really take my time eating (or maybe just order one of the two) as I was eating in Coney Maul, and it's hard to eat and party at the same time!.

• Like 2

Pesto pizza from LaRosa’s. Good, not great. 
C30AD737-A2F7-4322-8DBC-E3B8801B138A.jpeg

They actually gave three pieces instead of breadsticks. I ate one before I remember to take a picture.

My friend got the baked potato pizza. I originally wanted it, but they didn’t have any ready. He opted to wait for it. He got the pizza and it was ice cold. No exaggeration. Almost as if it was placed in the oven wasn’t on. It was all precooked so I actually tried a little piece and it tasted really good. I want to try an actually cooked piece this weekend. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 10:10 PM, MDMC01 said:

Had Hank's for the first time tonight and it was good! Got a "bowl" (basically rice, meat (steak), cheese and salsa without the soft taco) + nachos/salsa and it was good. The only problem is, I couldn't eat both as the bowl was so big. Because of this, I finished some of bowl and ate all of the chips. I think if I eat there again (or if they have a similar menu as Enrique's), I'll really take my time eating (or maybe just order one of the two) as I was eating in Coney Maul, and it's hard to eat and party at the same time!.

I'm trying to go vegetarian, went to Hank's and got a bowl with rice, black beans, guac, sour cream and cheese with some hot sauce from Skyline. Probably one of the best items I've had from there.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

They actually gave three pieces instead of breadsticks. I ate one before I remember to take a picture.

My friend got the baked potato pizza. I originally wanted it, but they didn’t have any ready. He opted to wait for it. He got the pizza and it was ice cold. No exaggeration. Almost as if it was placed in the oven wasn’t on. It was all precooked so I actually tried a little piece and it tasted really good. I want to try an actually cooked piece this weekend. 

I didn't even know that had specialty pizzas like this; which in-park LaRosa's locations have them? Also, what is on the pesto pizza, and is it possible to get just cheese and pesto?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I didn't even know that had specialty pizzas like this; which in-park LaRosa's locations have them? Also, what is on the pesto pizza, and is it possible to get just cheese and pesto?

The other two ingredients are balsamic vinaigrette and sunflower seeds. Both of which added a lot to the taste. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

It might taste good, but it looks disgusting.

I loved the burnt tips at the Coney grill and they disappeared during Halloween time.

Then found moved to the Wishbone Grill but did not show on the meal plan???

We spoke to Chef Major in the park and he said that does not seem right and they should be.,

Long story short, I waited till Wishbone Grill opened at 2 and tried.    No luck and would not do it as said not on plan.

Complained at customer service and a woman came and spoke to me and went to find out.

She emailed me that they took them off at the Coney Grill but then brought back at Wishbone grill (now with macNchees balls) and will charge.

WTH???     That is so stupid

• 2 weeks later...

We got season passes for next year, which we haven't done since 2019. As a little preview trip we visited the park for my son's birthday in October.

The soft pretzel at Miami River Brewhouse was fantastic, much bigger than I expected it to be, and the cheese dip was great. Three of us were able to share it. I also got the chicken and waffles, and that was pretty awesome as well. As we were heading out of the park we got a caramel apple and a cookie at the Sweet Spot. My son said the cookie was great, the caramel apple tasted great but the caramel was really hard on my teeth. For some reason I expected it to be a softer caramel. I guess I haven't had a caramel apple in a really long time. I will say the staff at the Sweet Spot are wonderful people! Will definitely stop in there again.

Anyway, with that preview I'm super looking forward to our dining plan kicking in next year! Also really excited for Winterfest. My favorite thing at Winterfest was always the cherry funnel cake so I can't wait to have that again if they're still doing it.

• Like 1