Kings Island 2022 Food News and Reviews

IndyGuy4KI

4 hours ago, robintodd said:

Had the Meatloaf Burger and it was fantastic!  Also looking forward to trying German Chicken and Dumpligs and the Beef Wellington Burger at the "French Corner".

What side item do you get with the Meatloaf Burger? That's definitely on my radar. But I would have been remised if I didn't eat Mac n Cheese Bar on opening day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

I was a little disappointed to see that the meatball sub that they had served in the Festhaus in past Winterfests was not being offered today.  In fact, they had no seasonal items offered at all in the Festhaus.

Didn’t even check the Festhaus for their offerings, if they got rid of the kielbasa that is a major loss!

• Like 1

Had the Meatloaf Burger and it was fantastic!  Also looking forward to trying German Chicken and Dumpligs and the Beef Wellington Burger at the "French Corner".

Beef Wellington burger was not great.
2 low quality burger patties, mushrooms, spinach, and Swiss in a Wellington type of roll. It’s premade, so you can’t customize.

There’s a reason they don’t describe what is in it on the menu.

Chicken and dumplings: I have yet to see a dumpling in it. It’s basically a chicken stroganoff or stew.

Coney Turkey was good. But still on the hunt for something to get excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, chuck norris said:

Beef Wellington burger was not great.
2 low quality burger patties, mushrooms, spinach, and Swiss in a Wellington type of roll. It’s premade, so you can’t customize.

There’s a reason they don’t describe what is in it on the menu.

Chicken and dumplings: I have yet to see a dumpling in it. It’s basically a chicken stroganoff or stew.

Coney Turkey was good. But still on the hunt for something to get excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like the meatloaf burger is the winner so far. Give it a shot!

• Like 1

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/november/holiday-food-galore-featured-at-kings-islands-winterfest

Any way to know what is/isnt on the dinging plan? I'll probably only go once for Winterfest (not really close enough to justify multiple trips).

Were the Bacon Poutine Fries there last year? I remember seeing a picture of it but not finding it on the menu.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 1:07 PM, DoomPlague said:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2021/november/holiday-food-galore-featured-at-kings-islands-winterfest

Any way to know what is/isnt on the dinging plan? I'll probably only go once for Winterfest (not really close enough to justify multiple trips).

Were the Bacon Poutine Fries there last year? I remember seeing a picture of it but not finding it on the menu.

The whole food thing I feel has been real “hit or miss” this year for Winterfest. No real published “features” menu or signage in front of places like Tricks and treats. It’s more “wander up to a place and there might be a sign highlighting Winterfest features” 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/31/2022 at 8:16 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

Tried two things over the weekend: Eiffel Tower pretzel (French Corner) and Banshee Scream dog (Jukebox). 
BF48F2A0-F24D-4A06-A1CB-5CB68B317FBF.jpeg

It looked more like an uppercase “A” than the Eiffel Tower but it was soft and had a buttery taste. I’ll be getting this one again. 
CB3E0895-DD2B-447E-AA80-7F833A8E08AE.jpeg

The Banshee Scream Dog wasn’t much to look at, but the taste was very good! It’s probably the first hotdog that I’d recommend. Haha

65119479-511C-47BC-BC84-FC8852F18597.jpeg
These aren’t on the 50th list, but they came from the Sweet Spot. They are chocolate covered Oreos with gold coloring. I’ve tried several sweets for the 50th and this is the only one that I’d do again. The others were very good, but I’m not really into sweets. This had a very subtle taste that I really enjoyed!

was the Eifel tower pretzel a 50th anniversary menu item? I'd love to try it this year! 

12 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Please note that they made 50 per day, and when they were gone they were gone too. 

Didn’t seem to be any real reason for that other than to make them “exclusive”. Maybe it was a production space issue, but not sure why they could run them all day long if they wanted. 

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

The Banshee scream dog was my favorite dish I've had at Kings Island.  I hope it stays

I agree. It was excellent!

For what it’s worth, I was told that they didn’t expand the 50th food items past the cutoff day because the special food items were that much of a burden to make, so they couldn’t keep doing them. It doesn’t look great for the  Banshee dog. 

• Thanks 1