2022 Kings Island Park Map Released

Cedar Fair Fanboy

38 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Something else howls....

Are you talking Timberwolf? It's there, but its not labeled. One thing I did notice is that there seems to be a pathway that starts right by the ticket booth and goes under Invertigo and Congo right to Timberwolf's plaza area. I checked last year's map and that wasn't there last year. Based on how it looks, it looks like it could be used as a walkway to Timberwolf from the front gate if they were to do concerts there again. 

Those tiny pieces of concept art for the Golden Celebration shows are very encouraging! It appears we'll be getting something in the vein of Celebrate 150 at Cedar Point with the larger-than-life costumes (like a walk-around blue ice cream man!) and performers for the Street Party at the Eiffel Tower. This could be something special!

If maps are not being printed this season and only available digital, they could change in any given week.  Still think Timberwolf should be utilized for Bands in Residence like CP does which adds additional daily entertainment to the park rather the venue just sitting empty, closed off, and rotting away.

While WWC is opening this season according to the site, I'll be beyond upset if they remove it in the future without another river rapids ride to replace it. More so than the loss of Vortex, which meant a lot to me.

BLSC being in Rivertown could be indication that they want to expand Rivertown further in that direction.

Or maybe all of this is meaningless and we're just a bunch of dopes reading too much into a map.

• Like 1

While WWC is opening this season according to the site, I'll be beyond upset if they remove it in the future without another river rapids ride to replace it. More so than the loss of Vortex, which meant a lot to me.
BLSC being in Rivertown could be indication that they want to expand Rivertown further in that direction.
Or maybe all of this is meaningless and we're just a bunch of dopes reading too much into a map.

EDITED: WWC does not open until Memorial Day weekend. I would look for an updated map when the full park opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

It is strange that it’s not on the ride height table either. Yet it was on last years map. If it is still operating this season it’s a major over site by someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As noted on the park's website, White Water Canyon along with Soak City Water Park will open for the 2022 season May 28. A new map will be uploaded then. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Are you talking Timberwolf? It's there, but its not labeled. One thing I did notice is that there seems to be a pathway that starts right by the ticket booth and goes under Invertigo and Congo right to Timberwolf's plaza area. I checked last year's map and that wasn't there last year. Based on how it looks, it looks like it could be used as a walkway to Timberwolf from the front gate if they were to do concerts there again. 

Yeah, that path caught my eye. It leads directly from around the smoking area to the main Timberwolf gate next to Invertigo.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:59 AM, Winterfestguy said:

If maps are not being printed this season and only available digital, they could change in any given week.  Still think Timberwolf should be utilized for Bands in Residence like CP does which adds additional daily entertainment to the park rather the venue just sitting empty, closed off, and rotting away.

Timberwolf will be used this year... our middle school in Southern Indiana (near Louisville, KY) is performing there near the end of May.

There is a music in the parks event each year. Students usually preform in Choir, Band and Orchestra at a nearby high school, my year it was Loveland, then drive to KI for the rest of the day. Timberwolf is used for the awards ceremony each year. A younger friend of mine is attending the program this year in May and the program says to meet at Timberwolf for awards.