Kings Island 2022 General Discussions

IndyGuy4KI

And Windseeker appears to not quite be ready for the season yet.  

All in all I think the park looks fantastic so far this season.  Was up there with my kids and wife for a few hours this morning.  My oldest daughter hit 36" and my son hit 44" over the off season, so they both got to ride a new coaster today.

I too thought that all those pine trees would make for a perfect location to add lots of lights during Winterfest.  Dollywood has lots of trees about that size decked out with lights.  Not sure how that would fit in with the twelve days of Christmas lights that are on the train though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Is this your way to get John Matarese to come to you? :P 

Oh please enough of the whole John Matarese thing. That was almost 3 years ago and I haven't spoken with him since. Plus its been made pretty clear that the park doesn't want us speaking to media personnel directly about the park especially employees (like me).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Oh please enough of the whole John Matarese thing. That was almost 3 years ago and I haven't spoken with him since. Plus its been made pretty clear that the park doesn't want us speaking to media personnel directly about the park especially employees (like me).  

Apologies, I was going off previous times where you weren't annoyed.  Won't do it again.

6 minutes ago, KIEagle33 said:

Did anyone else notice the clearing of some of the trees by the entrance of Adventure Express??

Yes. We were walking up to the station and I was wondering what that long, white building was through the trees LOL. I then realized that that was the AE station and it kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. It does take away from the aura and “theming” of the ride and I did kind of like its isolation. Also, did anyone else notice The Crypt building in that soccer area? I’m not sure if it’s always been there and I just wasn’t looking for it that time, but I definitely recognized it and it was an interesting place for it. 

edit: I thought I had seen this in another thread LOL.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:49 AM, PKIDelirium said:

Was some seating removed at Showplace? First few rows look to be at least temporarily missing because of the stunt show setup, and up top, expanded handicap access where the "Reserved" part used to be on the left of the center entrance?

I noticed that too. Either some rows were removed or at least it sure seems that way. 

They removed the lighting and sound system improvements at the Bandstand this year.  

It’s a bad venue.   The performers are in the blazing sun until sundown and the sight lines are bad for the audience.  However, the 2021 show on that stage was near perfect and there isn’t anything similar on the schedule this year.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, super7 said:

They removed the lighting and sound system improvements at the Bandstand this year.  

It’s a bad venue.   The performers are in the blazing sun until sundown and the sight lines are bad for the audience.  However, the 2021 show on that stage was near perfect and there isn’t anything similar on the schedule this year.  

I assume the lighting and sounds has been removed due to no big show being there this year. Hopefully, they bring back the lighting and sound equipment for Halloween Haunt and Winterfest.

• Like 1

There has also been some action around Timberwolf. It looks like the stage and the sign has been painted. Also from the ET (I don't have pictures) I saw a new pathway that wasn't there last year that starts near the smoking area and goes under Invertigo and connects to the path that goes under Congo Falls to the Timberwolf plaza area. The path also has fences on both sides as if they are going to have people walking on it. It could be just for employees or I think a cool idea they could use it as another entrance for those who want to see shows there without getting park admission if they were to do concerts there again (the fact that it got a fresh coat of paint makes me think they are going to use it again just nothing has been announced yet). I also saw in the area between the stage and the greenroom trailer some new concrete put down and all the trees cleared there. It also had a small fence in front of it that made it look like it could be a viewing area of some type. Maybe even a VIP area for concerts. I'll draw what I saw on Google Maps so you can get an idea of what I saw. 

image.png

Here is a pic of Timberwolf taken this weekend: 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3202458296643050&set=pcb.3202458336643046

KI Timberwolf 2022.jpg

Here's a pic taken last year: 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4438133622899854&set=bc.AbrsaDtIV6OfB5n6DWLOS61mXTDZZ1eJy5uvcVfL3PV7r9oRYWQohsNNvywHKdr7gJNoHaint1Ja4zM8rsFdslzEEm3rx89_acsWRZTbOC61w9v7KZYWKxtwwdos4L4hp-2kPFyiZFcO5T2rBZqrr-USYbHVUs0cvbSBa0IhRiMkTg&opaqueCursor=AboYky07uW2wAuXwwgGPusIVM3CcPgBxPz_96axv5ol2FL1Q9b3aTR_6ja7OlTuQZbrr9w0Nz0o2ot66w_NzsjaNt_AsZCNW1_vAwOD2pwrA4MwBhh7oXd0VtxaBtOOFVeb9XIOGY7al5bYPQX089k2MzgV8qlHlKw49T_qvAxqWwZ3dD4OgVN2zuowUgkLQ-GoPImdVFOZqGt70Kgi9iwusrq0aL1vj6zEzv5vhllyYCnOu6BWL5KXAG2VpWrcTGWXso78f2zwqtX_pTtcXzokT98UiVSHfivxSl8HLs0bIeS8PFE1aT8hfgt5pvlD-gj-Yj-SRR2aUoQbqw3V4ooJzBlrA7zmzcjtiR7fZn3qu-I2lo0XeY7kgGlcyR4jJLsA1KR0BSf-1WDjvma7xPOJVHaN9wKNMXtE8L2wS7yWBCkhIsvBqfydXVe3QMavCmCrQ9Xac-E7yPTuJOEQ_PcRoCscn1OC2ihzxBr7uHDk2PAYz4j7WyAtvW4PxXENKt-fc6DPv3scciV0D0VDLXLKatg2FGPBs6mGfGeuSvEBdb59eVOmlb5LSl4U4ZQBB1PEyIIhnXT4_LYhPECOrH9qkxw9BylQC3_Qc84yfy5sXSZCWn4m46oWs9qM_WKC3y8H807m572gXtkOQiRPbXfLbKSJ7g8kPCw_4pVihqJtu6A

KI Timberwolf 2021.jpg

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this and if concerts return either this year or next year. And if so, what type of concerts and if Spirit Song comes back too. We'll see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

**DOUBLE POST**

Here is a screenshot from a video from the top of the Eiffel Tower of what Timberwolf looks like now:

image.png

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE3yNYMtVmQ 

TimberWolf definitely looks like it is being maintained, so it will be very interesting to see what happens there over the next few years.

Went to the park yesterday and while it was hot, crowded and rides broke down often, I still managed to have a great time. Started with Orion and then rode Adventure Express, grabbed lunch at Festhaus and ate near Invertigo (which was closed at the time). After trying to ride things for a bit (Delirium broke down before the ride started; Bat was down, but waiting it out was too much lol), rode the Train (and admired the blue lake where the bear was as well as the "people" in the old western town) and walked around some more. At some point, things started to come back on line and was able to ride Bat, Drop Zone (yes, I still call it that :P), Flight of Fear (had a great and intense ride in the back; that last corkscrew reminded me of one of Steel Vengeance's inversions), and Orion (which was a more forceful ride than earlier in the day). Ended the day with some night rides on Red Racer (the seats are super comfy!) and Adventure Express,. Despite certain factors working against me at times (crowds, heat, ride closures), it was still a fantastic day and I can't wait to go back next Friday for the 50th celebration!

Also, some minor notes:

WindSeeker has apparently been down since opening- anyone know what's going on with that?

Rivertown's Freestyle stand was open! (@King Ding Dong)

The 50th decorations look nice (the logo has sequins!); I only noticed historical pictures in Coney; I was really hoping to see some in Action Zone, but I'm sure those will come as the season progresses.

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed that in addition to the Fun TV’s being out in Mystic Timbers’ queue, the audio recordings before you enter the station are also gone. The recordings consisted of a couple people talking about there being something in the shed and people needing to flee.

33 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Has anyone noticed that in addition to the Fun TV’s being out in Mystic Timbers’ queue, the audio recordings before you enter the station are also gone. The recordings consisted of a couple people talking about there being something in the shed and people needing to flee.

They are gone? That is sad, Cedar Fair did a really good job with that queue for Mystic Timbers, Is the truck audio gone also?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

2.  Keeping it closed until The Beast work is done to keep it hidden as much as possible.

I believe #2 more than #1, that's for sure.

You get a pretty clear view of the park up there, but I'm sure they're working on getting it open soon nonetheless.

On 4/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, Coasterteam said:

I believe #2 more than #1, that's for sure.

You get a pretty clear view of the park up there, but I'm sure they're working on getting it open soon nonetheless.

The Beast opens May 6th right? I was hoping on my next visit soon to ride it.

32 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

The Beast opens May 6th right? I was hoping on my next visit soon to ride it.

I am unsure as to an actual exact opening date for Beast. All I know is it'll be between 6 and 36 days. I'll only be posting Beast news on KIC if I have officially sourced information. 

15 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

I am unsure as to an actual exact opening date for Beast. All I know is it'll be between 6 and 36 days. I'll only be posting Beast news on KIC if I have officially sourced information. 

Keep in mind, until it is released by the park itself via media release, on its social channels, or on the KIBlog, it is not "official". Anything that is a media release or an article written by KIC with official news information goes in the newsroom forums here:  https://kicentral.com/forums/index.php?/forum/13-kings-island-central-newsroom/

On 4/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, chad_1138 said:

My theories on WindSeeker are:

1.  Waiting in parts due to supply chain issues.

2.  Keeping it closed until The Beast work is done to keep it hidden as much as possible.

I am leaning more towards #2.

I don’t think it has to do with The Beast.

The carriage is propped up and the cables have a ton of slack on the north side of the ride. I think it’s safe to say that they are doing work on the ride. 

Plus, I’m having a little trouble grasping what the benefit would be for people to not see The Beast. The project isn’t secret. The progress is being updated. And based on the construction of Mystic, we can determine that the park doesn’t have an issue with the guests seeing people working on a wooden coaster. 

• Like 4