Kings Island 2022 General Discussions

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Keep in mind, until it is released by the park itself via media release, on its social channels, or on the KIBlog, it is not "official". Anything that is a media release or an article written by KIC with official news information goes in the newsroom forums here:  https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/forum/13-kings-island-central-newsroom/

Yeah, have figured out the line between official and unofficial over the past few weeks. Am looking forward to providing any news from the park when they release it themselves. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orion742 said:

Does anyone know if Backlot Stunt Coaster actually got new paint on it? It was On the list of Rides being re painted before the 2022 season started. I haven’t seen any changes on it.

They repainted it in fall 2021 and counted it as one of the rides being painted for this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They took the 3D faces out of Boo Blasters. The ones just before the loading area that used to follow your. Last year they were there and I showed them to my kids. Daughter asked to see them again today and they are blank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stoan said:

They took the 3D faces out of Boo Blasters. The ones just before the loading area that used to follow your. Last year they were there and I showed them to my kids. Daughter asked to see them again today and they are blank.

Be a bummer if they were removed permanently. Maybe they’ll be used in the PT show this year. 

• Like 1

Spent a few hours in the park today and ended up being a great trip. Rode Orion 4 times (still my favorite ride in the park!) and the "new" Beast (see my review in the appropriate thread) as well as Mystic Timbers, Banshee and Bat. My two rides on Banshee were great and I feel like I have a new appreciation for this coaster. Even though we don't have a B&M sit-down looper, I feel like Banshee filled that role well today. In fact, on my first ride, I sat in 8-3, which is my favorite seat on Rougarou (I sat in the front the second ride). Bat was also fun as I got a great ride in the front, and I got last train of the night on Orion.

EDIT: Also, Drop Zone got stuck halfway up the tower today, so that was a sight to see...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

You are dating yourself a bit there calling it Drop Zone! :o

I wonder how many people on KI Central are actually too young to know it as Drop Zone. Though it has been called Drop Tower longer than it was Drop Zone. I wish CF would have at least tried with the name.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

I wonder how many people on KI Central are actually too young to know it as Drop Zone. Though it has been called Drop Tower longer than it was Drop Zone. I wish CF would have at least tried with the name.

…or how many of us accidentally call Xtreme Skyflyer “Drop Zone.”

I trip up with these names commonly too:

Backlot “Italian Job”

Soak City “Boomerang Bay”

Great Pumpkin Coaster “Scooby Zoom”

Calling whatever Beastie is now “Beastie”

Calling almost every Soak City attraction by its Boomerang Bay name

51 minutes ago, DoomPlague said:

Screamin' Demon to Demon

Scooby Doo to Beastie to Fairly Odd Coaster to Woodstock Express (whew...)

Racer before recaR with red white & blue track (oh....wait.... ;))

14 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Spent a few hours in the park today and ended up being a great trip. Rode Orion 4 times (still my favorite ride in the park!) and the "new" Beast (see my review in the appropriate thread) as well as Mystic Timbers, Banshee and Bat. My two rides on Banshee were great and I feel like I have a new appreciation for this coaster. Even though we don't have a B&M sit-down looper, I feel like Banshee filled that role well today. In fact, on my first ride, I sat in 8-3, which is my favorite seat on Rougarou (I sat in the front the second ride). Bat was also fun as I got a great ride in the front, and I got last train of the night on Orion.

EDIT: Also, Drop Zone got stuck halfway up the tower today, so that was a sight to see...

So I assume Orion hasn’t had problems lately? And yes, Banshee is such a great ride it is so much fun.

6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

…or how many of us accidentally call Xtreme Skyflyer “Drop Zone.”

I trip up with these names commonly too:

Backlot “Italian Job”

Soak City “Boomerang Bay”

Great Pumpkin Coaster “Scooby Zoom”

Calling whatever Beastie is now “Beastie”

I actually go way back with the waterpark, and call most of them by their WaterWorks names (if I can remember them, that is...).

Also, yeah. I do call Woodstock Express Beastie (at least when speaking in past tense).

EDIT: And about Orion @Orion742... it was actually down when I got there yesterday....

However, it did open back up about 15-30 minutes later and was operating the rest of the evening. :D

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I actually go way back with the waterpark, and call most of them by their WaterWorks names (if I can remember them, that is...).

Also, yeah. I do call Woodstock Express Beastie (at least when speaking in past tense).

EDIT: And about Orion @Orion742... it was actually down when I got there yesterday....

However, it did open back up about 15-30 minutes later and was operating the rest of the evening. :D

I don't even think of water park attractions by their names, though I'm not a big water park person anyways.

Back to Screamin' Demon. I only have vague memories of the park before 1987, the year my family first got passes and started my lifelong love of coasters and KI. I didn't know until recently that the ride (apparently?) was called Demon at the time because everyone in my family called it Screamin' Demon. When did they officially change it?

On 5/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

This is me in a nut shell besides zoom flume and a few slides here and there from my tenure at the park. I am really hoping they have some vintage photo booths set up like they do at the hard park for the anniversary event.

I still call a lot of rides at the park by the original names, Italian Job, Drop Zone, FaceOff, heck even Beastie. I would love to see Beastie return eventually as I thought it was a really nice nod to the overall feel of the park! 

• Like 1