Kings Island 2022 General Discussions

IndyGuy4KI

Just got back from the park, what a great day! The fireworks were amazing, there is no substitute for being in person. First ride of the day was on Orion and it was great, then did The Beast, I like it even more now than I did before!  Probably bought the most things I ever did, they just have so much now that I like it is hard to choose what to get. I like the Orion stuff the best, so that and the 50th anniversary stuff was the main things I got.  I saw the Street Party and it was great too, everyone was having a blast!  Awesome job KI! 

• Like 4

I was on the Facebook KI season pass page, and read that they are no longer taking guests up to the top level of the Eiffel Tower, due to that elevator being more bouncy. Is that true? I noticed when I was there the other day, we didn’t visit the top level, but thought nothing of it, since that is normal. I hope they will still take guests to the top sometimes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was thinking about Diamondback’s paint job and I realized that I miss the orange seats that it used to have when it originally opened, if they brought them back it would separate it more from Orion with both having black seats currently.
Orange seats ended up black anyway, and not by design.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 7/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, Orion742 said:

I was thinking about Diamondback’s paint job and I realized that I miss the orange seats that it used to have when it originally opened, if they brought them back it would separate it more from Orion with both having black seats currently.

The black seats hide all the human grease.  On the orange seats, the human grease stood out.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Inquiring minds wanna know LOL.  Get us in the Haunt mood :P

The non medical GP may not like it.  It's not Haunt related, it's actually pretty clinical.

However, I bet Hilda, the Great Garbonzo and Houdelini could describe some things from their perspective!  Or maybe the Maestro and No Legs Larry could describe the bucket of spinal fluid in detail! ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rlentless said:

I guess I just thought the orange rubbed off so we saw the black underneath.  At least that is what I want to believe. :wacko:

If that makes you feel better, continue to think that LOL.  But those seats are molded in the color of choice LOL.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, and then wasn't there one about the (potato) burger buns too? I feel like these short featurettes may be back to back.

Speaking of food on FunTV, I really like the LaRosas's 50th spot. I think I did it's job when I was at the park a few weeks ago as I got some breadsticks before getting in line for Beast lol!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great day in the park today! Rode Congo Falls for the first time since 2018 and it was great (I was inspired by that post about that movie exhibit in one of the old KI theaters; now I really want to see that Congo movie!), rode Bat and Adventure Express twice each along with Dodgem, WindSeeker, Delirium and a rare Night Ride on Viking Fury. I also saw my last two showings of Phantom Theater: Encore (I will not be there tomorrow - to those who are going, enjoy! It had a great run this year!) and I finally got to meet Larry! Larry has become my favorite character of the show, with his witty one liners and friendly demeanor. As I was starting to leave the 4:00 show, I noticed a few of the characters come out and I raced over to that side of the stage (as they've never done Meet and Greets when I've been there). After waiting in line, I told him "You're the best!" and he said something like "at least I'm not second best" or something silly like that. Also talked to the Maestro, but meeting Larry was one of the highlights of my day! :D

Also met up with a friend for a few hours and it was great to catch up. Speaking of friends, I also ran into a few people I know (like always), including @BoddaH1994. Finally, as I mentioned in that thread, the fireworks show was amazing tonight!

• Like 3

Area 72 is in quite a sorry state. No audio coming from the podcast wagon. One of the "surveillance camera" TVs in the Flight of Fear exit photo booth vignette is black with a "No signal" sign. No music in Orion's station--no surprise, there's been no music in there this entire season. It's only a custom soundtrack that the park spent a pretty penny on. I haven't been able to spend time back there at night since I got home from Hersheypark, but I assume that the light in the meteor is still burnt out? Just like it's been since JUNE 2021. I also assume that the spotlight on the Bureau logo is still burnt out as well? Why did the park invest in this stuff if they were going to let it all break down or burn out anyways and decide not to fix it? Orion is a great ride, and is still the newest ride in the park. Kings Island should make sure that the total experience is still shining like new.

The quonset hut was gated off today, as it is probably 85% of the time I've visited the park in the past two years. Working at the park last year, I had multiple guests stop in and ask me why the building was gated off, so it’s not like this goes unnoticed by the average guest. I get that it's gated on lower crowd days, but Heaven forbid guests have to walk another 10 feet. Quelle horreur! Even more frustratingly, the queue blueprints from May 2019 show that there was not supposed to be a gate in that location. It was going to be a solid queue railing. Why spend the money and time building cool theming and a fun preshow if you're just going to gate it off almost all the time? 

Also, one of the show lights in Mystic Timber's Shed is burnt out. Don't know for how long since like I said, I've been gone almost all summer. It's to the right of the main screen and is supposed to illuminate the animated saw blades on the wall.

Cross-threading here a little bit, but I do worry about the possibility of Phantom Theater coming back. Would I love to see it? Absolutely. But the park right now seemingly has trouble with speakers and light bulbs, so how on Earth could they maintain animatronics and illusions long-term?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Orion742 said:

I noticed today but Backlot Stunt Coaster is closed? I know the back of the white train was dismantled but did they shut down the ride for 1 train not working instead of running the blue or red train?

It has been running the past week or so with just the red and blue going and the white train dismantled.  It has been down the last couple of days though....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

It has been running the past week or so with just the red and blue going and the white train dismantled.  It has been down the last couple of days though....

Thanks.

I hope they can get it up and running, such a good family coaster.

• Like 1