Jump to content

Kings Island 2022 General Discussions


IndyGuy4KI
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

54b3c30fef34b25032bee81ade5d6395.jpg
The entire part of the parking lot for buses and “behind it” was full of buses today. Like all the way to great wolf lodge.

Seems like a lot of schools/students have left already and/or are leaving

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coasterteam said:

Seems like a lot of schools/students have left already and/or are leaving

Figured they would mostly leave around 7 to 8 but I was with someone with low tolerance for lines and just wanted go home. When I saw that massive fleet of buses when I pulled in, I was like "fuuuuu....."

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, disco2000 said:

They have finally reconfigured Racer queue to use the whole queue instead of half.

I was wondering what was going on! That blew my mind today when I got in line (and I kept trying to figure out what was going on...) - I knew the line got changed somehow...

The rest of my after-work visit was good; the park was crowded, but I managed 4 rides (Banshee, Flight of Fear, Red Racer, and Delirium) and some dinner at Coney BBQ (also got a Flight of Fear t-shirt from KI Collections). Though each ride had its high points, Delirium was probably the highlight of my visit and was a relaxing way to end the day. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The old tower drinks queue never made any sense.  I was at the park Friday and you could just see how much of a difference it was making.  Racer queue is also a great change.

Not sure who is driving these changes around the park but it fantastic seeing them.  These kinds of tweaks add up to making a better overall experience.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These changes are really good changes! Hopefully they continue this. Some changes in particular I want to see is Jukebox diner get some updates done similar to what Cedar Point did with Coasters Diner. I believe they made it cafeteria style which I think makes the lines faster there. I also want to see the area to the right of Jukebox turned into a covered patio. They already have a small section of covered seating there, but I'd like to see that whole right side turned into a patio and put in a new bar there. Another change I want to see is Coconut Cove in Soak City get expanded a bit. Make it so you can line up inside the building so the line isn't always spilling onto the midway there and on both sides of Coconut Cove give it covered patio seating.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They keep flirting with this idea of mobile food ordering. I think there’s still a “coming soon” at the front of juke box.

I’d love for this to be added. It works so well at six flags to keep people from having to wait in food lines.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, chuck norris said:

They keep flirting with this idea of mobile food ordering. I think there’s still a “coming soon” at the front of juke box.

I’d love for this to be added. It works so well at six flags to keep people from having to wait in food lines.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prob better now that they limited their meal plans. :o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh. For the life of me I can’t figure out why since they had The Beast down an extended period of time they didn’t take that time to fix the queue there as well. The wall/gate to slaughter house NEEDS to be pushed further back. Fix the entry to actually relate to the ride -like you are entering through the abandoned office of the KingsMils Mining Concern. Do we REALLY need more stupid overpriced pop machines? Get FastLane out of the exit lane, and WHY??? Why can’t we after YEARS of neglect fix the sluce fountain? I know the lake will never come back, but making a small “pondless resivoir” that the two end chutes drain into and it recycled to the top would not be that hard! Heck, even having two great big galvanized tubs surrounded by big rocks would act as two collection ponds. While we are at it, bring back the mine car stream as well with a new, smaller pond or at least clean up the bushes that block the entrance to the mine shaft-you can’t even tell what it is. I’m impressed with the ride itself-unimpressed how other details weren’t addressed. Hoping in a few years for ITS 50th! My 7 year old as soon as he saw the picture in queue of the original with the lake asked “why doesn’t it look like THAT anymore?” 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Ugh. For the life of me I can’t figure out why since they had The Beast down an extended period of time they didn’t take that time to fix the queue there as well. The wall/gate to slaughter house NEEDS to be pushed further back. Fix the entry to actually relate to the ride -like you are entering through the abandoned office of the KingsMils Mining Concern. Do we REALLY need more stupid overpriced pop machines? Get FastLane out of the exit lane, and WHY??? Why can’t we after YEARS of neglect fix the sluce fountain? I know the lake will never come back, but making a small “pondless resivoir” that the two end chutes drain into and it recycled to the top would not be that hard! Heck, even having two great big galvanized tubs surrounded by big rocks would act as two collection ponds. While we are at it, bring back the mine car stream as well with a new, smaller pond or at least clean up the bushes that block the entrance to the mine shaft-you can’t even tell what it is. I’m impressed with the ride itself-unimpressed how other details weren’t addressed. Hoping in a few years for ITS 50th! My 7 year old as soon as he saw the picture in queue of the original with the lake asked “why doesn’t it look like THAT anymore?” 

Speaking of fixes to The Beast queue:

On Friday, during a really long wait for The Beast, some people got in that right lane where the sign indicates you go left for the front, right for the back and they pushed the trash bin a little further to make a little gap to get through. People naturally started following their lead and were able to bypass the switchbacks that were open on the front side of the station. I think the ops eventually went back and did something to stop it but it sounds like they either need to cover that sign up or put something else over that lane.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DoomPlague said:

Speaking of fixes to The Beast queue:

On Friday, during a really long wait for The Beast, some people got in that right lane where the sign indicates you go left for the front, right for the back and they pushed the trash bin a little further to make a little gap to get through. People naturally started following their lead and were able to bypass the switchbacks that were open on the front side of the station. I think the ops eventually went back and did something to stop it but it sounds like they either need to cover that sign up or put something else over that lane.

I don’t understand why they aren’t using the station queue more where they can monitor it better. Last night they weren’t using it at all, but the lower queue house was in use. Seem really odd to push the line that far out when they have a full queue up top. Even if they aren’t using the “back/front” divide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I rode on Mother`s day, they were using the front rear divide.  Remember when the entire ramp up to the station had that divider in it?

They used to always load the station queues first.  I think that changed around the time they introduced Fast Lane.  Also, typically the greeter/height check position is the one that opens the queues in the first and second queues.

I agree, that they should find a way to get Fast Lane out of the exit queue.  The exit queue is already narrow enough, with the accessible entrance.  I still miss the old entrance walk way that brought the line in closer to The Crypt.  When Diamondback was built, the entrance shifted closer to the arcade building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...