A warning about some of the 50th merch

BoddaH1994

7BF62E21-2B04-42EC-A44C-3F034BBAA7D3.jpeg

Unfortunately, although the 50th merchandise has looked really cool, there are some quality issues. I ran this through the dish washer once. Nothing on it indicated that it was not dish washer safe. Also, when is a glass not dishwasher safe? I’m going to ask to exchange it next weekend, and I trust that they’ll take care of me. But still, you should make sure you check the quality of what you’re buying before spending a lot of money. I have both blankets which are nice, the rain jacket ($75) which is a 7/10 on quality, and this glass. I’m concerned that some of it may not be up to par because the intention is to push it out as quickly as possible. I’m not mad or anything, but admit that I’m disappointed. 

• Like 1

• IndyGuy4KI changed the title to A warning about some of the 50th merch
7 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I’d really like to know what “ings Is” ? What are they? Are they great? Are they talented? Are they invisible? Are they happy or sad? The cliffhanger is bothersome. :P

Those other letters took it down the street to K-land! :lol:

EDIT:  Thats it!!!  Renaming of Planet Snoopy to K-Land confirmed!!  Ryan found the Easter Egg teaser glass!!

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, PKIDelirium said:

Jokes aside, if you want to be impressed by 50th merch, the pin, keychain and magnet are all really nice. The pin even has an Eiffel Tower-shaped back clasp.

Exactly! I love the logo and all the ideas. I have several items already. But I don’t think anyone would be under the assumption that a glass is not dishwasher safe. I wouldn’t recommend that glass (or any other manufactured that way) but I like all of the other stuff. So far I have:

1. 50th t-shirt bought last year

2. The infamous glass

3. 50th rain jacket 

4. Two of the black 50th sweat shirts (online order, not yet arrived)

5. Navy blue 50th blanket

6. New design of the 50th blanket 

Same thing happened to a glass my wife was gifted from her mom upon graduating from LPN school & a shot glass I purchased at Super Bowl LII

She was devastated, I purchased a "new" glass for her.

Guess the old saying applies here: They don't make them like they used to......

• Like 1

When I went on Friday I forgot my hat (usual I wear my old rag-tag Diamondback).  So I was in the market for a 50th hat.  The only one I saw that I liked and would have bought was the one worn by the employees.  Hope they sell that hat in the future, it looks sharp. (Blue hat with 50th logo)

I reached out to the park via Guest Services email asking if there was an exchange policy and included the photo of the cup that I had shared with you. No response yet. I don’t really expect them to staff many people during the week right now. I’ll keep you guys posted.

On the other hand, I did receive my 50th sweatshirts today. I bought one for me and one for my GF. These are a lot like the employees ones but they’re black. The logo is nice and it’s embroidered. They were on sale for $20 through the online store last week. 
5DB2E0D5-B6A2-4329-BD60-B2BAB7212B25.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robintodd said:

When I went on Friday I forgot my hat (usual I wear my old rag-tag Diamondback).  So I was in the market for a 50th hat.  The only one I saw that I liked and would have bought was the one worn by the employees.  Hope they sell that hat in the future, it looks sharp. (Blue hat with 50th logo)

I really liked the 30th anniversary hat from 2002 that had the same logo used around the park, maps, and even the season pass cards. Still have my original, and a couple "newer" ones from the 2007 Paramount sale.

• Like 1

So as a rule of thumb I always hand wash my "themepark" cups. I basically had half of my HHN cups imagery flake off due to my dishwasher cleaning it. I have a whole part of my cabinet dedicated to hand washing unfortunately.

I would expect some wear/fading over time, sure, but the first time you put it through the dishwasher? That's bad, really bad. I hadn't thought about what KI's return policy might be, but this makes me wonder! On a vacation a few years ago, I made a purchase from a shop that had a "no returns" policy.... which I initially thought was due to shoppers that were scammers.... nope, it was the owner that was a scammer! I bought a bag, and the straps broke off WHILE I WAS IN THE STORE! Immediately after I bought the item! The owner didn't want to exchange it or give me a refund... I did get my money back but won't ever shop from a place like that again.