More PKI Arial Shots

TQZ

which part is rose nowl?

the fact of the matter is,

i hate, not dislike, i dispise it!

SoB is terribly Rough,

plus if you look at the structure...

it is a terrible design, I would consider Racer more appealing to the eye,

and I do not see how SoB could possibly be considered a Hyper Coaster, sure it is a prefix to rank heights, but this is a wooden coaster... and should not have been this tall, thats what makes it so rough to, too tall, RCCA, ouch! you know the common limit is about 120-ish, 218 is rather pushy eh? the stucture scares me, the journey hurts me, and the cars squeeze me, and im a smaller guy, i just have longer legs...

there is a part of the structure, near the queue line, that is held with nails!!! ohmy.gif

However...

...Does anybody share any of my views on SoB?

Well the majority of the load-bearing structure is held together with bolts. But there are nails. Like those hand rail things that go alongside the track. Those are nailed. And the track is held down with spikes. So its a mixture of nails and bolts. But the structure is bolted.

SOB is the best coaster at PKI. What else can I say? laugh.gif

I think SOBs structure looks quite nice...or it's just that I haven't seen a nice one *points at The Mighty Canadian Minebuster* dry.gif . I never knew it was called a Rose Bowl untill now. I just called it a helix all the time.

As for the nails...Oh noes! The station is built with nails!! It's gonna fall down! These nails do nothing!

I used to thouroughly enjoy riding Son of Beast. However, after my lasty couple of rides on it this past season, I am begining to not want to ride it as much. In fact, at one point I vowed to never ride it again this season becuase I had a headache and a stiff back after I got off of it. Now I understand wood coasters are supposed to be rough, but when you get off of a ride, and just want to go home and recover, it clearly can not be good for the park. I did go back on it after I said I wouldn`t ride it the rest of the season, but again, my ride was not enjoyable by far. The thing that gets me, is the roughest parts and the most painful seem to be the slower parts, at the top of the second helix in particuler. There, the train shuffles violently, throwing the riders like peas in a pod.

I know PKI continues to try and make monstrosity smoother. Until it gets a little smoother I definantly won`t be riding it multiple times in a day, fo fear of my health!

stupid.gif I think I speak for thousands of coaster fans that have been on SOB and thought it was rough. It is a great ride but hold on to your intestines and pride because it will sure try and shake and beat them out of ya. Call me what ya want.

I rode Son of Beast last August, and coming over a hill it threw me back into my seat so hard, it bruised one of my vertebra and I felt crippled for over a month. I also downed at least two bottles of tylenol in that month. I think the ride just caught me by surprise over that hill, but his dad "The Beast" never hurt me that bad. In fact, NO other coaster has ever hurt me. I dobut I ever ride it again. It's fun, but just hurts too much for me.