Kings Island To Celebrate Official Birthday on April 29th 2022

7 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

KIC's own @KIghostguy is signing autographs in his book, Kings Island: A Ride Through Time in the Kings Island Collections store up by the park entrance. Along with Dennis Speigel. You have until 3pm.

Photo_1651252686560.jpg

Photo_1651252681062.jpg

Congratulations Even. Hopefully I will still be alive when KI is 100 and your next book is on the shelves!

• Thanks 1

I really appreciate all of the pics and updates from Friday.  I took the day off work specifically to go, but it ended up being a sick day.  I'll be getting over to the park very soon, but thanks again for sharing updates for those of us that couldn't make it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIfan73 said:

I really appreciate all of the pics and updates from Friday.  I took the day off work specifically to go, but it ended up being a sick day.  I'll be getting over to the park very soon, but thanks again for sharing updates for those of us that couldn't make it!

Glad we could do it. I hope to get the 300 photos I took and the video of the ceremony up this week. Got this whole day job in the way.

• Like 1

So a few things done. The ceremony is almost done, should be able to get it uploaded Wednesday!

4/29/22 Birthday Photo Gallery: https://kicentral.com/photos/50th-anniversary-day-42922

4/29/22 Birthday Entertainment and Fireworks!  (Sorry about the sound during the fireworks, I did not realize the mic would be overmodulated with me being so close to a sub woofer.)

• Like 5

I was honored to have attended the ceremony. I do here are some observations:

1. Alton Fitzgerald White was AMAZING with the national anthem. You can really hear the “Lion King” in his voice! The pyro at the end was great!

2. Gary Wachs was the most important speaker.  With that being said, he mentioned that he had a lot to cram into five minutes and he went almost 30. No disrespect. He made an amazing speech, just ran way too long.

3. While we are on the subject. Mayor Spaeth went a little long too. She was going on about the golf course and Great Wolf and whatnot. I understand that that’s relevant to the economy of Mason, but it was boring. 

4. John Husted spoke for like 2 minutes and gave them a plaque. He did it right. 

5. Mr Speigel was short, sweet, to the point, and funny! He’s great at this sort of thing. 

5. Mr Koontz did very well! I was worried that whomever spoke for KI would do a 45 minute speech that would go through each and every deal of the 50 years of the park, putting everyone to sleep. This was NOT the case. Mr Koontz did great, just like at Orion’s announcement. 

6. Having the same family cut the ribbon 50 years later was cool!!

7. The cake was really good!!

8. The fireworks show was a mess. The fireworks started about two songs into the show. The finale went off after the “thank you for visiting” announcement. Clearly some sort of timecode issue. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 1:35 PM, BoddaH1994 said:

I was honored to have attended the ceremony. I do here are some observations:

1. Alton Fitzgerald White was AMAZING with the national anthem. You can really hear the “Lion King” in his voice! The pyro at the end was great!

2. Gary Wachs was the most important speaker.  With that being said, he mentioned that he had a lot to cram into five minutes and he went almost 30. No disrespect. He made an amazing speech, just ran way too long.

3. While we are on the subject. Mayor Spaeth went a little long too. She was going on about the golf course and Great Wolf and whatnot. I understand that that’s relevant to the economy of Mason, but it was boring. 

4. John Husted spoke for like 2 minutes and gave them a plaque. He did it right. 

5. Mr Speigel was short, sweet, to the point, and funny! He’s great at this sort of thing. 

5. Mr Koontz did very well! I was worried that whomever spoke for KI would do a 45 minute speech that would go through each and every deal of the 50 years of the park, putting everyone to sleep. This was NOT the case. Mr Koontz did great, just like at Orion’s announcement. 

6. Having the same family cut the ribbon 50 years later was cool!!

7. The cake was really good!!

8. The fireworks show was a mess. The fireworks started about two songs into the show. The finale went off after the “thank you for visiting” announcement. Clearly some sort of timecode issue. 

I thought it was intentional and worked. That’s the great thing with the fountain and they seem to learning how to use it better. You don’t have to throw everything out there at one. Start with the water-build to the fireworks. I thing it was intended as the timing with the “pause” at WaaaHoo seemed punctuated with the right shells. They just went right into the “real finale” after the announcement so people would hear it and not be running out of t  by e park. Disney has played with these “false finales” before. I think they just tried something different. 

3 hours ago, brenthodge said:

I thought it was intentional and worked. That’s the great thing with the fountain and they seem to learning how to use it better. You don’t have to throw everything out there at one. Start with the water-build to the fireworks. I thing it was intended as the timing with the “pause” at WaaaHoo seemed punctuated with the right shells. They just went right into the “real finale” after the announcement so people would hear it and not be running out of t  by e park. Disney has played with these “false finales” before. I think they just tried something different. 

I see what you’re saying, but that’s just not the case. They were having a time code issue. 

• Like 1

Considering Boddah has helped Rozzi's in the past and his connections, it isn't an opinion, but a fact.  I guess under one definition they did all work, just the fireworks and soundtrack and fountain and lighting were all out of sync...  But that is the nice thing about the general public - most had no idea and didn't care.  Like the first season of the new fountains and half the time it wasn't working probably and most didn't notice.

Considering you brought up a 17 day old post, did you move on lol.

Plus another show hasn't happened yet, so saying they have moved on is a little premature.  I mean they did move on in that they are going to an even bigger show, but tey haven't had the opportunity to figure out and test why it happened and let's hope that it goes off as planned on the 28th with Greg Brady in attendance lol. 

In fact, at Coasterstock, Mike said they are still working on the programming for the big spectacular, so likely at this late date something will be wrong with the time code for something.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...