Orion accident

coaster sally

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It was running on Sunday, so what is to say about it? A train overshot a bit, the operator's training kicked in and nothing really happened to anyone or anything. It sounds like all of the what-if's training worked.  If people could see from passing by that they were testing with 3 trains this week it sounds like they have resolved the issue. I have no reservations about getting on tomorrow if it is running 3 trains.

The post you quoted was about posting a message on the website if the ride will be down for a while.

So, if the ride will be down for a while, then they should let people know, lest they show up expecting to ride Orion and find it closed.

It's unlikely that it will be down at all given that it reportedly reopened the next day, albeit with single train operations.  And there's no reason they can't run at least one train.

2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It was running on Sunday, so what is to say about it? A train overshot a bit, the operator's training kicked in and nothing really happened to anyone or anything. It sounds like all of the what-if's training worked.  If people could see from passing by that they were testing with 3 trains this week it sounds like they have resolved the issue. I have no reservations about getting on tomorrow if it is running 3 trains.

What a lot of people don’t realize is that while Orion malfunctioned, there are so many redundant safety measures with the ride and operator training that ultimately saved the ride from an accident. In this case, the emergency stop was likely used which employees are trained to use whenever something is wrong. Kudos to whoever stopped the ride when they noticed the issue.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coasterteam said:

Feel like this confirms that they did in fact not bump. I would expect the ride to have gone down longer if it did. 

Yep, it'd be entirely unreasonable and irresponsible to return to 3 train operation within a week had a collision occurred.  It was close, about an Orion car-length or two, but that makes all the difference in the end.

• Like 3

Not sure WHY. But ORION was shut down again at ~9:15 last Friday night and I don't think it re opened that night.

We got in line for it about 9:05. They only had the first set (right hand side) of turnstiles open, but they were full. After being in line but maybe 5min, we  heard an announcement that it would close at 9:45 for the fireworks, but the way the line was moving we thought for sure we'd make it.  At ~9:15~9:20 the stopped ruining trains and announced they were having technical difficulties. At about 9:30 I saw an operator (maybe it was a maintenance person) walking out on the track side walkway over to the break run. I was directly under that area and couldn't tell if a rain with passengers was stopped there or what was going on. We abandoned the line at that point and headed to the Eiffel Tower to watch the fireworks. I kept looking over at the lift hill, I don't think it ever ran again that night.  

I assume it was open on Saturday? 

Btw, it was GREAT how moderate the crowd was on Friday evening! 

On 5/5/2022 at 8:47 AM, Driver8rws said:

Not sure WHY. But ORION was shut down again at ~9:15 last Friday night and I don't think it re opened that night.

We got in line for it about 9:05. They only had the first set (right hand side) of turnstiles open, but they were full. After being in line but maybe 5min, we  heard an announcement that it would close at 9:45 for the fireworks, but the way the line was moving we thought for sure we'd make it.  At ~9:15~9:20 the stopped ruining trains and announced they were having technical difficulties. At about 9:30 I saw an operator (maybe it was a maintenance person) walking out on the track side walkway over to the break run. I was directly under that area and couldn't tell if a rain with passengers was stopped there or what was going on. We abandoned the line at that point and headed to the Eiffel Tower to watch the fireworks. I kept looking over at the lift hill, I don't think it ever ran again that night.  

I assume it was open on Saturday? 

Btw, it was GREAT how moderate the crowd was on Friday evening! 

Interesting, So when you looked over there wasn’t a train stuck on the lift hill?

I assume it was open on Saturday even though I was not there but when the trains ALMOST but didn’t collide, they were still able to run 1 train on it the day after.

Orion usually goes down for small things like for instance, One of the gates won’t close or a lap bar won’t go down and lock. It goes down a lot for small things.

I don’t know what happened but I hope they fix it before Coaster Stock.