At least one person stabbed at Camp Cedar

BoddaH1994

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

How can the average park goer differentiate camp cedar from Kings Island when Kings Island promotes it as "Kings Island's camp cedar".  Cedar Fair likes the money but does not like the bad publicity and distances themselves like last year but still promotes it.

Screenshot_20220424-104229_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

How can the average park goer differentiate camp cedar from Kings Island when Kings Island promotes it as "Kings Island's camp cedar".  Cedar Fair likes the money but does not like the bad publicity and distances themselves like last year but still promotes it.

Screenshot_20220424-104229_Chrome.jpg

Remember when they opened late last year and the park’s spokesperson threw them directly under the bus?

50 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

At least it wasn't Charlie Brown this time:P (some may get the reference).

Fox19 says the man arrested is from Washington, while WCPO says he is from Texas.

WXIX also says that bond was set at $100k, whereas WCPO says $150k.  *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 11:11 AM, BoddaH1994 said:

Remember when they opened late last year and the park’s spokesperson threw them directly under the bus?

You make a good point. I thought that Camp Cedar was owned/operated by a separate company... so the relationship between the two (Camp Cedar & KI) is fuzzy to me... but seeing the Camp advertised on KI's page blurs the line for sure... 

3 hours ago, MeredithGrey said:

You make a good point. I thought that Camp Cedar was owned/operated by a separate company... so the relationship between the two (Camp Cedar & KI) is fuzzy to me... but seeing the Camp advertised on KI's page blurs the line for sure... 

To be clear, a property group owns it, Cedar Fair manages it. It’s the “Kings Island Camp Cedar Campground” unless there’s an opening delay or an incident like this. Then they are VERY CLEAR that Cedar Fair does not own the property. 

• Like 1