Live Concerts Returning to the Timberwolf in 2022!!

BoddaH1994

I received an email this morning around 10am including a pre-sale code. Don't know if it's a unique code per passholder or if it's available for use and everyone can use the same code. Also don't know if I'm allowed to share it in here or if that's against any terms of use.

1 minute ago, CoasterJack said:

I received an email this morning around 10am including a pre-sale code. Don't know if it's a unique code per passholder or if it's available for use and everyone can use the same code. Also don't know if I'm allowed to share it in here or if that's against any terms of use.

It is not for sharing. Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don’t know. I can’t imagine something that loud not being hear-able for miles. My guess is their goal is to have the shows over by 10:00.

Uh, a typical concert can be heard for miles. Some performances at local amphitheaters can be heard 2-3 miles away. 

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

Uh, a typical concert can be heard for miles. Some performances at local amphitheaters can be heard 2-3 miles away. 

So “Mr. They’re tearing down Timberwolf” finally speaks! :D

I imagine the only person more shocked than me about this announcement is you. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, CoasterJack said:

So odd. I never did get any official email. 
I did send an email to guest services right before 10 and they sent me the code about ten minutes later. 

I got tickets to the Berlin concert. I was kind of surprised how much some of the tickets were! I ended up getting some decent mid-price seats. I think the last concert I saw at Timberwolf was Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch so it will be fun to see a show there again. 

On 4/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, Oldschool75 said:

Now the neighbors will be complaining about concerts instead of coasters. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, if you choose to live so close to an amusement park you should know what you are getting yourself into. That's what I don't understand about the people who complain. I would love to live that close, I wouldn't mind the noise at all!

I'm pleasantly surprised to see concerts in Timberwolf again and hope that they do well. Also interesting to see that they're allowing park people to buy tickets to just the concerts and not requiring park admission... it's been done at least one other time, for a Loverboy concert back in 1982.

14 hours ago, Taylor.B03 said:

Honestly, if you choose to live so close to an amusement park you should know what you are getting yourself into. That's what I don't understand about the people who complain. I would love to live that close, I wouldn't mind the noise at all!

I believe the ones complaining are the residents of Kings Mills who were there before KI. Given that KI has been around for 50 years now though I can't imagine there are too many people still around who were there before the park opened.

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if the sound carries that far. I remember when I worked at the park in 2005, I could hear Mercy Me performing at Spirit Song from Planet Snoopy. Granted I was also working the helicopter ride at the time and it was late so things were a bit quieter but it was still cool to be able to hear it that far away.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 9:24 PM, Allison said:

I got tickets to the Berlin concert. I was kind of surprised how much some of the tickets were!

Yea!  I was shocked on the prices too!  How about the $10 PER TICKET "service charge"!?!   Makes 2x $20 tickets cost $60! 

Honestly, with the names they have coming, all the shows SHOULD be FREE!!!   

I'm not complaining at Kings Island, I know the bands are charging them...

9 hours ago, Oldiesmann said:

I believe the ones complaining are the residents of Kings Mills who were there before KI. Given that KI has been around for 50 years now though I can't imagine there are too many people still around who were there before the park opened.

Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if the sound carries that far. I reember when I worked at the park in 2005, I could hear Mercy Me performing at Spirit Song from Planet Snoopy. Granted I was also working the helicopter ride at the time amnd it was late so things were a bit quieter but it was still cool to be able to hear it that far away.

There are two neighbors who complained that were highlighted in the news.  They live near Diamondback, and I remember reading in one of the stories how the grandfather of one of them sold part of his land to Taft and their house was built in 1960ish.  I also remember hearing Adam House talking about the tunnel for Mystic Timbers being put in not so much as an element, but to satisfy the neighbors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With Mike Koontz saying at Coasterstock that these concerts are a test. Maybe if they are successful, KI could look into doing something similar to what Busch Gardens Williamsburg is doing where they do a full on summer celebration event from June to August where they have big concerts each Saturday during that time as well as have AGT acts as well.

https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/events/summer-celebration/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orion742 said:

I wonder if theses concerts will draw lots of people from the park during the concert.

I would say yes, but because the ones who were coming to the concert are pass holders. I am guessing they are hoping non pass holders will buy a ticket for the day or day after while there. Triple the money get get from that person at the concert.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I would think for the Skillet/Jordan St Cyr concert we will see lots of church groups coming like they did for Spirit Song. 

Actually Skillet isn't the church draw you may think it is.  We would get tickets to spirt song just for Skillet.  We usually have people who leave before they come on stage and offer us their tickets up front.  Seems as though having a song called "back from the dead" with zombies in the video turns off some christians.  Also one time at a festival Cooper said something to the effect of "Thanks for coming out whether your christian, jewish, atheist, whatever.  Thanks for supporting our music."  I believe that was at the Alive festival.