Interesting sight on The Bat

DJSkyFoxx

Anyone else notice while waiting for the front/front half of The Bat that there is a new bull gear cog? The old one was solid but this one has openings through it. 

I thought this was interesting since as long as I can remember, the coaster has had a solid bull gear cog. 

It also seems like the lift motor is quieter than I remember. I distinctly remember the lift motor having a much louder presence in the station. 

14 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

Anyone else notice while waiting for the front/front half of The Bat that there is a new bull gear cog? The old one was solid but this one has openings through it. 

I thought this was interesting since as long as I can remember, the coaster has had a solid bull gear cog. 

It also seems like the lift motor is quieter than I remember. I distinctly remember the lift motor having a much louder presence in the station. 

Sounds like they are taking care of The Bat, which gives me the feeling a few years before they take it down, the lift hill going up used to be super loud, glad they fixed that, although it kind of gave it a little charm for being a old classic ride with the loud chain lift.

Just now, Orion742 said:

Sounds like they are taking care of The Bat, which gives me the feeling a few years before they take it down, the lift hill going up used to be super loud, glad they fixed that, although it kind of gave it a little charm for being a old classic ride with the loud chain lift.

Nothing wrong with the classic arrow chain-dog sound!

Also, anyone happen to notice the trims before the first lift on Adv. Express were off opening day? We slammed into that turn!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coasterteam said:

Nothing wrong with the classic arrow chain-dog sound!

Also, anyone happen to notice the trims before the first lift on Adv. Express were off opening day? We slammed into that turn!

Interesting, no I have not, I will have to check that out, I wonder why they took them off.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, Coasterteam said:

I wasn't at the park opening day, but I think the same was done in the past, if memory serves me right... coasters run slower when it's colder, and it may be a little chillier some of these earlier weekends, so it's probably a preemptive measure to make sure the train has enough speed to successfully engage with the lift hill.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

I also miss the loud roar of the lift motor/chain. It gave the ride a personality. But I suppose they did what they needed to do to prolong the lifespan and less wear and tear. 

I heard the loud chain lift when I rode yesterday evening.

• Like 1